Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where they give classes for this in MD? I saw one through AGC of MD but I have not joined yet. I know the permit is no good in MD, but I travel around to VA, PA, etc. so I'd like to have it for those states. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just get the FL permit. That is what I did, and I took a class with Dave Johnson here in DE at First State Firearms Training: First State Firearms Training

I had all of the florida info to fill out already, but he gives you the florida packet in the class if you don't already have one. Good guy, and the class was very useful. His class was much cheaper then others as well. I am like you in which I live in MD, but spend more time outside of MD then in it. I actually received my FL CCP last thursday. I am not sure if his class works for UT, but it definitely does for DE and FL...

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you decide to go the UT route, make sure you are eligible before giving them any money. They recently changed the law where if your state has a permit system, you have to have your state's permit before you can get the UT permit. There are stipulations where if your state doesn't honor the UT permit, which MD doesn't seem to, that you can still apply. Better to be safe than sorry.

EDIT: I was a little off. It's not a similar permit system. Here's a better explaination:

Not true on the "similar CCW system". The state needs to recognize or have reciprocity with Utah (or vice versa) for that new Non-resident statute to apply.
For instance CA has a CCW system and in some counties is "Shall Issue". However, they recognize no other states permits so i can still apply for a non-resident CCW even though i don't have a CA CCW.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I took mine thru this one.
Every thing you need for a Utah permit is done during the class.
Just drop it in the mail and your good to go.
Got mine back in about 60 dayshttp://www.helpmeshoot.com/

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Effective today Utah no longer issues nonresident permits.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone know where they give classes for this in MD? I saw one through AGC of MD but I have not joined yet. I know the permit is no good in MD, but I travel around to VA, PA, etc. so I'd like to have it for those states. Thanks in advance.

Cold71 - We are based in Richmond, Va and often get Maryland folks down for our Utah permit class. In fact, we have one scheduled a bit closer to you in Northern Virginia in June. Check our website for details - www.ProactiveShooters.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts