Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went and shot Custers USTRA Tac-Rifle match. Was a blast. The Rainier Arms Evo rail worked out great as well as the GoGun gas pedal. Came in 2nd overall out of 45 shooters.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Was a great match and my Rainier Arms build ran like a champ.

·
Premium Member
127,411 Posts
Nice shooting on a well designed stage!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Was the guy who won a Ninja or something? Very impressive. I really like the parts with the inset, it helps those of us that are new to all the AR shooting comps understand a little better what exactly you are doing.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL!! No he's just a good shooter. Plus I shot a No-Shoot and was down a few points.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks like fun!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
That was sweet! Congrats man!
What's your opinion on the Rainer Arms Extreme Tactical Comp? I only ask because I chose it over the PWS FC556 for my rifle which I hope to shoot for the first time this weekend...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome VR4!!!
Are you running the Mega Tactical Trigger on that rig, just curious....
Thanks guy's and redyak3 I switched back to a Geisselle SSA. I found I could get off shots faster. Good trigger though.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was sweet! Congrats man!
What's your opinion on the Rainer Arms Extreme Tactical Comp? I only ask because I chose it over the PWS FC556 for my rifle which I hope to shoot for the first time this weekend...
Thanks bro. I own both and IMO there isn't a huge difference. The XTC seems to have less muzzle rise over the PWS. I think this has to do with the way the XTC is ported on the side and the 3 holes on top. My dot dosen't jump as much. You wouldn't have gone wrong either way. They are both good comps.

The biggest thing that helped was lighting up my AR. I put on the Rainier Arms Evolution rail system and lost 4.6oz which may not seem like alot but it is. Also the tube design is more comfortable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
awesome video. thanks for making me want to blow money on an AR....jerk! haha

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
780 Posts
Thanks! Your the second person to tell me the same thing. Glad i chose wisely or so it appears.
The biggest thing that helped was lighting up my AR. I put on the Rainier Arms Evolution rail system and lost 4.6oz which may not seem like alot but it is. Also the tube design is more comfortable.
I looked at getting that rail a few months back. I think it was on pre-order then. But decided just to stick with what was cost effective. I have an A2 front sight on my rifle right now. I would've had to get a low pro gas block and new front sight. I've already wasted valueable range time as it is buting stuff instead of shooting. So I ordered a Troy 9" TRX Extreme rail last week. This will drop about half a pound off the front. It feels too heavy right now. But I will keep that rail in mind when and if i ever get around to upgrading... For now it's shooting time! :cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks guy's and redyak3 I switched back to a Geisselle SSA. I found I could get off shots faster. Good trigger though.
I figured as much... I really like the Mega Trigger, it's good trigger at a very good price, no complaints.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Nice video and great split...:)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks bro. Hurt my hamstring.

·
Registered
709 Posts
How do you feel about your ammo? I see you get some mean muzzle flash out of it, but it doesn't seem to slow you down any. What brand is it?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm running LakeCity XM193. I like it. I don't notice the flash at all when I'm shooting.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts