Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was stage one but my squad shot it towards the end. The stage before this I had to drop my mag in the sand. I forgot my mag brush and was not able to clean int properly so as you can see I had several feeding issues on the first 2 targets. I reloaded and no more issues.

This was a simple standards stage at 35 yards. 3 targets virginia count. I had to fire 2 rounds to each target standing to a mandatory reload and shoot 2 rounds to each target again kneeling. I had 6 A's 5C's 1 D.
Sorry my camera man fell asleep on that one.
My camera man did not film my open gun run. But I actually shot better with my limited gun.7.3 seconds with 1 point down.
This was the side match. I love my Saiga it rocks.
The scores have not been posted yet. I will know tomorrow I think.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You're a good solid shooter. What classification are you currently in limited?

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're a good solid shooter. What classification are you currently in limited?
Thanks.
I am almost a B in limited 59.18 or so after this classifier goes in. Lately I have been shooting in the low 60% range so I hope I break into B in limited and Open. I made B in limited 10 a year or so back.
Pat

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's awesome! I just started in USPSA and have competed in two matches so far. As of right now, I'm a good solid D shooter! LOL.

What would be your number one tip for a newb to the sport?

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome! I just started in USPSA and have competed in two matches so far. As of right now, I'm a good solid D shooter! LOL.

What would be your number one tip for a newb to the sport?
Don't be afraid to ask for advice from the best shooters at your club. Most are willing to help. That and practice a lot also if you can have someone video your matches and compare what you do with what the better shooters at your club do and try to mimick them. I know I have a long way to go.
Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts