Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

http://www.practicalpistol.net

The Crooked Creek Pistol League is having a USPSA match this coming Sunday (Start time 8:00am). They are only setting up two stages with a possible third very short classifier. Of the two stages one will have about 40 rounds and the other will approach a fifty round stage.

So if you got some free time and a lot of magazine come on over. We need more XD's there. There are usually two to four XD’s now, more would be better. The link above will give you directions and more info about the club. They setup on Saturday at 2:00pm and if you help set up you get to shoot Saturday after setup and Sunday if you want.

mcb

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I only saw one other XD at the match and I have seen the shooter many times this summer so I don't think any of you guys showed up. None-the-less I figured I would post two quick pictures of the two long stages.

This first picture is of the 60 round stage. I though it was going to be 50 but it turn out to have 60 rounds. There were five poppers at each end. Two poppers are hidden behind the shooter and RO getting ready to start. There were two arrays of five paper targets in the clear and three arrays of 5 targets hidden partially by the walls. Two of the hidden array also included a no-shoot. You could start and shoot from anywhere behind the rope seen in the picture. You had to move alot to see all the possible targets

The next picture is of the fourty round stage. Ten popper and 15 paper. Notice the one paper behind the right most barrel in the picture. Also the far right paper target was not part of the stage it was part of the final stage that was CM 99-11 El Presidente Classifier we also shot. On this stage you started just off the left side of the picture and shoot the targets any way you wanted as long as you did not violate the 180 rule.

Enjoy the pictures
mcb

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
imagine the people bitching about resetting a stage when you got a reshoot because a popper wouldn't fall. :)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shot Limited-10 and went through seven magazines. I had eight on my belt (I normally only wear 5 or 6 magazines) and started with one magazine in my pocket. I desperately did not want to run out of ammo in the middle of that stage. In the end I only fired 65 rounds to finish the stage. The hardest part of that stage was simply keeping track of what targets you had shot and what you hadn't.

The forty round stage was a blast. There were no spots to get lost just start blastin’ and keep movin’.

ampleworks, are you going to shoot Circleville Memorial Day weekend? I’m pretty sure I will be down for it. I did drop and email to Steve and he confirmed that you were correct the match will be Saturday as usual not on Monday as the web site indicates.

Later
mcb

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hopefully one of these days I'll have time to drive up and increase the XD population by one for at least a day. Last couple of months though the travel I do for work has made it hard to get to matches a 1/2 hour away let alone 2 1/2 hours. Although more stages like that and I'd need to buy some extra mags (only have 6) or just shoot it perfect.... :roll:

If you want to make it two matches on the holiday weekend the Western PA Champ. match is being held outside Pittsburgh on Sat & Sun (1/2 day format can run either day). Just take I-70 East a couple hours from Columbus and then head for the Burgh.... 8) It's on your way, well sorta, not really.. since you probably use 71. :wink:

I lived out in Chillicothe (sp?) for a while and used to pass by Circleville and Columbus heading towards home. Just like Crooked Creek one of these days I want to make it out to central, southern, western OH for a match and put some faces with names.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ampleworks said:
If you're meaning Labor day, then yes I'll be at Circleville if all goes well.
Don't mind my compete brain fart. Your correct I meant Labor Day. Got me what I was thinking. My wife is presently laughing at me.

See you then hopefully.
mcb

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I thought 32 rounds was max for a USPSA long course...? I have nothing against shooting a 40-50 round stage, would be tons of fun but I dont have 7 or 8 mag holders on my belt.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
I thought 32 rounds was max for a USPSA long course...? I have nothing against shooting a 40-50 round stage, would be tons of fun but I dont have 7 or 8 mag holders on my belt.
For USPSA, a Level I match does not have to comply with the round count limitations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts