Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As on an AR-15 JP rifles recomends moly paste for the sear on the triggers they provide. I have purchased Honda moly paste 60 which is 60% moly a very high content. Comes in a 3 0z. tube for about $10 bucks. Very good stuff. Have put a dab on the sear and striker block on the Xd with fantastic results over using a drop of oil. Stuff is extreamly creamy and tacky.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Grease of any kind is nice but it accumulates powder residue and other stuff.

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the other hand, grease doesn't run out right after you apply it. How many people have to wipe their weapon down because all the lube is seeping out of their pistol. The great thing about grease is that it stays put. Also, if you only clean and lube your weapon after you fire it, how much oil is really left inside your pistol to help retard wear and tear the next time you take it out? I know of very few people who clean and lube before they shoot.

As far as powder residue and "other stuff" is concerned, it's going to accumulate no matter what. Would you rather have it suspended in grease or acting like sand paper on your unprotected surfaces? At least the grease can absorb the residue and make it slippery too.

I use a little Super Tech Extreme Pressure Multi-Duty Complex Hi-Temp Grease where I see high wear marks like the barrel and slide rails. I use Silicone spray where grease and oil are not recommended like around the sear. The silicone dries and leaves a friction resistant surface. It's especially good where you have metal to polymer surface interaction. You can get the grease and silicone at Walmart for next to nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts