Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a used XDm Compact 3.8 at a local range and they say it used to be a carry and competition gun. There isn't much wear on it and it seems to shoot well. Is there anything I should ask? I've never bought a gun that was a competition gun (that i know of).

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm looking into a used XDm Compact 3.8 at a local range and they say it used to be a carry and competition gun. There isn't much wear on it and it seems to shoot well. Is there anything I should ask? I've never bought a gun that was a competition gun (that i know of).
Competion guns usually have a lot of rounds through them, you will need to check closely for excess wear.

don

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Not if you shoot idpa. But if it didn't look that bad then someone either took good care of it or it just wasn't shot much

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm going to pick it up. It's $405 and I can always spend a bit to have Springfield replace anything should I run into issues.

·
Registered
805 Posts
It's hard to get a quality gun that actually shoots for 400 now days... i say buy it and shoot it. these guns are built like tanks and just about everything is easily replaceable if needed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's hard to get a quality gun that actually shoots for 400 now days... i say buy it and shoot it. these guns are built like tanks and just about everything is easily replaceable if needed.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. This is the same thought I have! Off to the store.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I have this in 9mm and 45acp I think they are great shooters. My 3.8 9mm does not like my 125 LRN reloads much, good enough to hit plates at 10 yds, but I like better groups. That is why I am looking at ST bbl for the 9mm.
I put TFO sights, PRP rubber grips and Pearce finger grip base pads on the 13 rnd mags. Good luck. That is a good price if condition looks ok, if possible shoot it with what you want to carry in it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
405 is a good price. I paid 450 for my slightly used 3.8 Compact .45

I bought a 4.5 9mm but might be selling it to get a 3.8 9mm Compact. That gun with a Pearce Extension fits and feels awesome my hand. Technically same as 4.5 in grip except shorter when not using extension The smaller gun just feels better and more balanced

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts