Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this board, read alot in the past few weeks though and recently purchased an XD 45.

I thought it was new, but its not. haha. To be honest, this is my first gun I ever owned. I paid 500 with taxes and everything. Problem is, it came in a plano gun case, still has the reloader, a 10 rd mag, 13 rd mag, and a mag holder. No holster or the real XD case. I have no idea how many rounds went through it as I thought it was new when I bought it.

No reason in debating on if I got a good deal or not as the money is already spent. I think I spent a little much, but now I'm wiser on buying guns. I do love this gun though. But here is where I need help, I got hooked on this gun and want to purchase another, so in an effort to erase any doubt, I turn to this forum for advice on the next gun.

Another gun store I went to had a XD(m) brand new for 730 (with the black slide) or 770 with the stainless steel slide. OR they had a XD(m) that is a rental with only 300 rounds through it. Comes with everything a new one has and they want 550 for that one. Are all three of these good prices? The rental gun is a year old and they said the reason it was not fired that much is people don't tend to spend the money for .45 ammo just to shoot a little, rather opt to shoot a 9mm or .40

BUT the gun I really really want is a springfield 1911. Those are pretty hard to find around here (southern Oklahoma). But this shop has a TRP 1911, the stainless one (PC9107LP), brand new for 1500. It seems a little steep, but then again, I don't know! The only other Springfield 1911 around here is where I bought my used XD from and its the basic basic model for 5-600. I like all the stuff the TRP has on it, but just need help!

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

The reason I was checking out the XD(m) even though I already have an XD is that XD(m) feels good! And the reason I would want a springfield 1911 is because I guess I'm sort of a name brand whore. Just like to keep things of the same making, plus I'm not expeirenced in firearms and had no problems thus far with the springfield, so why change brands?

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
I'd say save up for the 1911 you research and really want. In the mean time shoot the hell out of your used XD!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think 1500 (plus tax) is a good price for that 1911? Kinda hard to find another one to compare the price to. Websites I've been to (such as gallery of guns) lists them for MSRP of 1770, but they are out of stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
fair price (similar in NC) my buddy bought two of them and he got them for 2750

·
Registered
265 Posts
The XDm prices you quoted are high. You can get a black XDm online for less than $600, and a bi-tone for a little over $600, brand new. You already know you like the gun and it feels good... I'd just order it online and save the money.

·
Registered
29,735 Posts
$1500 is high for a TRP, imho...local shop has one for $1350.

For a couple hundred more, you can easily get a Baer.

And the XDm prices are insanely high, like $150 or so.

·
Registered
51 Posts
it sounds like you got the xd compact if you have the 13 round and 10 round clip. I got mine new for $494 from Bud's Gun Shop. I'd check their prices first before buying locally. I really tried to buy local but they were charging between $75-$150 more and my FFL was only $15.00.

·
Registered
96 Posts
shoot the hell out of the xd. Throw some penny's in a jar every now and then, and save up for a 1911. Have fun with what you got but it sounds like you paid a little to much.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Definitely save and get what you want and be patient and research to really know what that is. Congrats on the XD its a great gun whether it's used or not! The realm of the 1911 is wide so there is a lot to choose from. Just research as much as possible! Buyers remorse is usually due to a lack of buyer research. I usually give myself 2-3 months of looking and renting before I make a gun purchase not saying that is for everyone but it works for me. Depending on where you are in southern OK i might be able to recommend some shops near by. Let me know if you're interested. Welcome to forum and good hunting!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Best advice is from ol' Baloo the bear from The Jungle Book:

"Now when you pick a pawpaw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Next time beware."

But rest assured, your XD45 is a great gun. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I see xdms under 700 all day here in TX. I paid $521 for my XD 40sc bitone new. Was a shooters package. Could've got the all black in a essentials package for 400 but I'm into bitones so I got one. I'm still on the fence on the xdms too. Personally I really like the XD look better. I haven't shot a xdm yet and plan on renting one in 9mm cus that's my next purchase. May just get a conv barrell and a couple mags. Cheaper than a whole new gun. Besides the 40 I have now my wife thinks its too big for her so I'm probly gonna get her a lil 380. Probly same for my 9 year old.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
First off, you've got the right attitude. The moneys been spent, now it's time to move on and enjoy the gun.

As for future purchases, I have bought most of my guns off Gunbroker.com. Even if you want to buy local you can get a good idea of price ranges from Gunbroker.com and what you should pay. Keep in mind the local gun shop has more overhead than some of the sellers on Gunbroker selling out of thier basement, but there are plenty of solid gun shops that sell on Gunbroker too for a fair price.
Most important thing is to get what YOU want.

Welcome to the fams and if you don't already know, that used XD is still covered by Springfield's excellent life time warranty.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
What he said but kinda. The buyers remorse thing blah. I've paid too much for stuff in the past but I didn't care cus I got what I wanted. Its my money and my choice. But the transferred warranty thing I'm confused on. All I've been told and read says or have said if I'm not the original purchaser the lifetime thing is null and void. Was o told or read wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replys! Alot to think about.

I'm really leaning towards a 1911. The old lady said I could pick up the $1500 TRP, but I'm leaning away from it cause I think I could get it for $150-$250 less else where. That is if I can find one. That gun is about 45 min away, no shops around here have any Springfield 1911.

I think the problem is I am at Ft. Sill, so the prices are a bit high because the shops know they will sell their guns at those prices to the new kids in the Army. Coming out of 2 months of basic and 2 months of AIT, they have a bit of coin in their pocket and don't think twice about spending what they have.

I have a Jeep and a Dodge Ram (hemi) so going to OKlahoma City to get a better deal will cost me 100 dollars in gas, ( maybe 60 if I take the jeep and cruise at 60, then I run into spending a whole day!) so if I'm paying $100-$150 too much here, it kinda works out cause the gas and time. maybe in the coming months gas will drop and it will be more profitable on my end to travel around.

There is a gun show this weekend, so maybe I'll stop by there and see what they have.

Any advice on buying at a gun show?? Never been to one. Thanks to all for the help!

·
Registered
532 Posts
When buying at a gun show, make sure you look at every booth or table before purchasing anything. It's a bad feeling when you just paid for something and walk down the next aisle and find it $100.00 or $125.00 cheaper for the same thing. I would buy the TRP for the $1500.00 because, like you, I have to travel 130 miles round trip to get one, and there have been plenty sold earlier on for $1800.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When buying at a gun show, make sure you look at every booth or table before purchasing anything. It's a bad feeling when you just paid for something and walk down the next aisle and find it $100.00 or $125.00 cheaper for the same thing. I would buy the TRP for the $1500.00 because, like you, I have to travel 130 miles round trip to get one, and there have been plenty sold earlier on for $1800.00.

I'm starting to feel like its a good deal. I found the exact TRP at auction arms going for 1399, plus 45 shipping, plus 40 for the transfer fee at the local shop = 1484, or 16 dollars cheaper than the one at the shop. Then again I have to 8.8% sales tax here, which adds on another 148 dollars, but no transfer fee.

I'm gonna head to the gun show and see what they got! Thanks!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
What he said but kinda. The buyers remorse thing blah. I've paid too much for stuff in the past but I didn't care cus I got what I wanted. Its my money and my choice. But the transferred warranty thing I'm confused on. All I've been told and read says or have said if I'm not the original purchaser the lifetime thing is null and void. Was o told or read wrong?
If it's a Springfield product they almost always cover it whether you're the original or 15th owner. They don't HAVE to, but they do.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Take a look at the compleeted auctions on Gunbroker at least you can see what others are paying

1 - 20 of 22 Posts