Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a used XD 45 (4") at my local gunshop this evening and they had it on the rack at $399; is this a good price?

I have to admit that I've been out of the handgun game for some time and I have not stayed up with prices on the used market so thank you in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good not bad.

$500 is an OK price new, if it's in good condition I would grab it for that price. If it's pretty worn I'd pass.
:smile: What he said. How used is used, that's the question?

Earlier this month, I paid $520 for my NIB XD .45 Service w/ Thumb Safety (including transfer fee). :D

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Yeah, just be careful, this is a 499.99 new in box gun.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
If it's in good condition buy it! That's about $100-$200 less than new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good not bad.

$500 is an OK price new, if it's in good condition I would grab it for that price. If it's pretty worn I'd pass.
It's super clean and I might snag it but I'm toying with the idea of buying a new compact model for $100 more. I figure I can use the extended mag for 13 rounds or I can use the short mag if we ever get CCW in Wisconsin......

I'm really having a tought time trying to figure out which gun I should buy....

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Save up about another $100.00-$150.00 and you can buy a brand spanking new one. Of course if it is in like new condition jump on it.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I'd jump right on that. I'm in the process of trading my XD-9 Service in for a .45 Tactical, and the manager offered $375 trade and believes he'll get $475 for it. A .45 Service for $400? Go for it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is a good deal. I hear you on the XD45C though. It's nice to have the option of the short mag for concealment. Others have said they conceal the service with no problem. I myself found it a bit too big in the grip for concealing. That's why I went with the compact. Go to the gun shop and try them both out. Either way, they're both excellent weapons. Good luck with your decision:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a good deal. I hear you on the XD45C though. It's nice to have the option of the short mag for concealment. Others have said they conceal the service with no problem. I myself found it a bit too big in the grip for concealing. That's why I went with the compact. Go to the gun shop and try them both out. Either way, they're both excellent weapons. Good luck with your decision:cool:
Thanks,

Since we don't have CCW in Wisconsin I'm leaning towards that used 4" carry version; the extra $120 I would save could buy a heck of a lot of ammo..........

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's super clean and I might snag it but I'm toying with the idea of buying a new compact model for $100 more. I figure I can use the extended mag for 13 rounds or I can use the short mag if we ever get CCW in Wisconsin......
That's what I did. IMO the XD45C is about as close to the perfect carry gun as there is. I love mine. Oh, and keep an eye out for a used one. I bought my XD Compact used but in great condition for $425. Good deals can be found, but you have to be in the right place at the right time and be willing to pull the trigger. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts