Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 2000 used empty 9mm brass I want to get rid of. What is a fair price for it?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
if you tumble in walnut w/ Nufinish or the like, add $10

if you tumble with SS media, add $12-15 (though this is a waste unless you decap the brass)

if you size/decap, clean primer pockets, tumble, and sort by headstamp / cull bad brass, you could easily add $30-$50 to your price. ready to load usually doubles the price of brass.

as it sits i'd offer you $45 shipped. ready to load would be more like $80 to $90 non-sorted.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's it? I very been picking up my spent rounds and holding on to them for $40? I almost got into a fight with a guy because he was stealing my spent rounds. He said he was "just cleaning up the range" and putting them in his bag( while I was still shooting), for $40.

I thought they'd be worth something.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If you reload they are worth something... Especially since they can be reloaded upwards of 8-10 times. I'm sure others have reloaded some past that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's fine. I just figured with the ammo shortage etc. that maybe they would be worth more.

Thanks for the info. I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
well what you have is not ammo... and us reloaders have our own shortage issues to contend with. now if you had some pistol powder worth using, maybe you'd be able to sell it for a bit more, but supplies are starting to come back and at this point many are once bitten twice shy and are buying up what they have on the shelf.

Brass just isn't one of those shortages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts