Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Forum members that belong to the USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Assoc.)? If so, have you joined or considering joining the "Defense Shield" program?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been a member for about 4 months now.I have to say, I'm not really satisfied and although I see the need for the after incident representation.I think I am going to look elsewhere. I feel like the uscca main focus is being a focus base to market whatever tim thinks he can make a buck on. It seems that everything is a sales tactic. I could very well be wrong, but if another person feeds the need to try as hard as he does to sell me something, it's probably not the right product for me.

·
Premium Member
127,402 Posts
I have been a member of the USCCA for a few years now. IMO, the Defense Shield is overhyped.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
This is the 3rd "Must See" gimmick I've seen from Tim in the last year. The last one was his buddy's "Precious Metals Network" (*cough* Pyramid Scheme *cough*) and boy did he have to send out apologies to everyone on THAT one. Tim is a businessman and literally banking on the same royalties as Insurance Agents. He'll get a kick-back from every USCCA Member that signs up.

To me, SCCA has some great info, but Tim feeds off the Chicken Little Syndrome. I still get the "Newsletters", but dropped my USCCA Membership right after the Precious Metals fiasco. While it's a great idea to know a Self Defence/Gun Lawyer you can call (IF you ever get into a situation), you can probably do a lot better on your own (and for a LOT less up-front).
(Just my opinion)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been a member for about 4 months now.I have to say, I'm not really satisfied and although I see the need for the after incident representation.I think I am going to look elsewhere. I feel like the uscca main focus is being a focus base to market whatever tim thinks he can make a buck on. It seems that everything is a sales tactic. I could very well be wrong, but if another person feeds the need to try as hard as he does to sell me something, it's probably not the right product for me.
Yep- same here. I opted out of the emails from USCCA due to all the crap I was getting.

The content is good and I've read a ton of it but I thought there would be new content regularly added but the web site hasn't changed in at least 9 months. Just not worth it and won't renew in the fall.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
$297 a year plus your membership fees to have a attorney on retainer for up to $375K of coverage.

Is this a good deal?? I don't know? Have not ever really shopped around to see what else or similar service could be available for less. But do feel that is a pretty good ins. policy for a years premiums.

Could only imagine what you would have to spend if you ever did have to CAP someone. :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
Pretty much the same feeling I have about the USCCA. I was a member for one year. The paper magazine was ok & there is a lot of good info in the forums. But the repeated attempts to sell me stuff were ridiculous. I got 7 emails(news letters) per week, that was minimum. And when the "Elevation Group" pitch came out I gave up on uscca totally.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Great input! I am not a member of 'USCCA' but have been getting the "news letters" and researching if joining was worth while. From what I have read here, it appears not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I fell for the platnum membership on the basis that I would get to test gear, LOL. There is deffinatly some good reading that comes from the uscca, but it seems like none of it comes from Tim. I did enjoy the one magazine that I got, but I think I'm going to test out the money back option.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've been a member of the USCCA since January and I absolutely WILL NOT be renewing my membership next year.

Bottom line: This guy sends WAY TOO MANY emails. I can't stand it. That alone is why I won't renew. It annoys the $#!T out of me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts