Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share my first experience ordering ammo online. I usually support the local stores but have found the selection choices low and the prices high. I read here in these forums about USA AMMO and their reloaded ammo. Because I am just poking holes most weekends with the kids I want the least expensive ammo I can find and we all know the XD's eat just about everything you put thru them, so I took the plunge based on a number of favorable reviews by fellow forum members. I ordered 2,000 rounds on Friday evening around 10pm. Monday I received acknowledgment of my order, and today 2 cases of 1000 rounds each arrived. Shipping was $23 for BOTH cases, a total of 60lbs (30# each). Each case was $169 ($8.45/per 50) for a total cost of $338 + 23.19 shipping = $361.19 total cost. This breaks down to $0.18 cents per bullet and was here in 3 business days! I'm very impressed and the ammo looks great and feels clean. So just wanted to share with those looking for a good deal.

Well packaged in good, sturdy boxes

Randomly selected cases to inspect -

Winchester, PMC, Ruger, Blazer, etc. shows the variety of casings used :)

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Please give an update after hitting the range with some of these..;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
460 Posts
USA is pretty good stuff for how cheap it is, it's all reloaded lake city though so beware, some of that may be once fired, some could be 8 times fired.

·
Registered
892 Posts
USAammo is where I get pretty much all of my ammo now. I have bought .223, .40, and .45 from them and haven't had a problem yet. It really is great stuff and even with the shipping it still ends up being cheaper than getting it from wally world.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm about done with my first 1000 rounds from USA ammo. I'll be reordering from them. It's good ammo

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I just got my first order from them. Very friendly staff. Quick delivery. I will be shooting off my first rounds this weekend as well!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Looked at the ammo and the shipping to Houston is now $45.80 for 2K rounds @ $338, so about .192 cents a rounds. Still cheaper than my normal watering hole...

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have purchase a 1000 rounds of their 380 and 9mm and it has all been flawless so far shooting away at the range. The customer service is also real good as my one order was a little late shipping so they sent me and extra 50 rounds of ammo. It might not seem like much but it shows they do care and back it up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I havent shot any of the 9mm I got from them yet but i did shoot a box of their .308 168gr AMAX stuff and was very impressed.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I just ordered 250 round of 115 grain FMJ too. Glad to see all the good reviews. When I first saw their prices I kind of figured it was too good to be true.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anybody use their bullets for buddies program? how exactly does that work?
I haven't signed up for it (yet) - but at the top of their page it says "TeamUSAammo" - click on this and the next page has a Bullets 4 Buddies tutorial link that spells it all out for you.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ran 300 rounds thru both the Hi Point and XD today and so far the ammo has shot flawlessly and straight as an arrow. :D

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
On Monday morning, 19 Sep I placed an order of 500rds of 9mm. I don't know if they had a special going on or what but there were NO shipping charges at all included in my invoice. Unfortunately they are having problems transistioning from UPS to FedEx. I checked the staus of my order twice last week and it said "waiting to ship". I checked again today, eight days after I placed my initial order, and it still says, "waiting to ship". I called them about an hour ago to check on the status and it hasn't changed. The person from USA Ammo said it should go out this week. I did check my credit card and I was billed for $84.50 on the very day I placed my order.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ya I've heard from a few people that shipping has slowed down since they're trying to transition to fedex.

I placed an order for 2000 rounds of 9mm last Tuesday, but had a problem with my debit card that I placed it with (gave them the wrong billing address). I didn't notice the mistake until Sunday. Called them Monday and fixed it. I was pissed at myself for not noticing and wasting so much time, thinking that the ammo could have been here this week. But now that I see these shipping problems it probably wouldn't have shipping until this week anyway so it's not so bad :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed I didn't have any shipping charges either, my order was for 1000 rounds of once fired stuff.

I called today to check on my order, I placed it weekend before last and it still said shipment was pending. The customer service lady was very, very nice (just as she was when I called last week) and told me they were still trying to get everything finalized with the swap.

After asking the status of my order, she put me on hold for a minute. She came back to tell me they had 1K rounds in their office she would put on a truck right then if I wanted them. The only thing about it was that it was all new manufacture, not once fired brass, and that I would get it for the same price.

Needless to say, despite the problems they are having I will be doing business with them again!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm glad I ran across this thread. I placed an order for 250 .40 180gr FMJ on Friday afternoon and the status still says shipment pending as of this morning. I was a little worried because my credit card was charged the second I placed the order and I never even received a confirmation e-mail that my order was received. It looks like I'll just have to wait it out, but I'll probably give them a call by the end of the week if nothing changes. I understand a few hiccups when you change shipping vendors, but it shows a lack of professional follow through on USA Ammo's part when they don't at least keep their customers in the loop.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts