Springfield XD Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with USA Ammo on Sat for 2000 rounds, 1000 9mm and 1000 40s&w. I chose them because of the price and I heard on here that they have fast shipping. I had hoped to go to the range this weekend, but my order still has not shipped.

I contacted support and was told that they were changing to fedex for shipping, and there were delays. I paid nearly $50 for shipping, and nothing has shipped yet. Changing carriers or not, you need to keep products flowing.

After several emails, they decided to refund 50% of my shipping cost, but are unable to tell me when my order might ship.

This is my first order with them, but I am not happy.

Buyer beware.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I ordered 2000 rounds on Monday and it shipped on yesterday. I should have it tomorrow. This is my 32 order from them and it has never taken more then 5 days from date ordered to date delivered. Given I am in Oregon and mine always ship from Idaho.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have placed a few orders with them and mine were not the fastest to ship either. But frankly, at the price they are selling I don't care and it's good ammo.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I placed an order with USA Ammo on Sat for 2000 rounds, 1000 9mm and 1000 40s&w. I chose them because of the price and I heard on here that they have fast shipping. I had hoped to go to the range this weekend, but my order still has not shipped.

I contacted support and was told that they were changing to fedex for shipping, and there were delays. I paid nearly $50 for shipping, and nothing has shipped yet. Changing carriers or not, you need to keep products flowing.

After several emails, they decided to refund 50% of my shipping cost, but are unable to tell me when my order might ship.

Buyer beware.

You ordered on Saturday (so they didn't start processing it until Monday), and you are whining about it taking a long time at Noon on Wednesday? The company also refunds 50% of your shipping cost so 2000 rounds are only costing 25 bucks to ship. Because of the "delay", and you beotch and whine? :rolleyes: Good golly! Get a grip. Last year ammo was taking 3 months to ship!

·
Registered
6,742 Posts

Buyer beware.
Give them some time to process your order. You ordered Sat (a weekend) Sunday closed, Monday = day 1, Tuesday = day 2, Today (day 3) was only 1/2 over when you contacted them. :-?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You ordered on Saturday (so they didn't start processing it until Monday), and you are whining about it taking a long time at Noon on Wednesday? The company also refunds 50% of your shipping cost so 2000 rounds are only costing 25 bucks to ship. Because of the "delay", and you beotch and whine? :rolleyes: Good golly! Get a grip. Last year ammo was taking 3 months to ship!
I understand that it didn't start processing until Monday ... however, when I see posts here and everywhere else online, as well as people I work with, stating that they were fast to ship, and their prices are good, I placed my order expecting the quality of service to live up to their reputation. When my order sits in a "Waiting to Ship" status for 2 whole business days (because it was there on Monday), I decided to contact them.

I would have been happy with the 50% shipping discount, however, I got an email saying that now that they have changed carriers to FedEx, shipping will now cost 50% less. Since my shipping option was UPS, I therefore paid 100% more than orders going forward, and my order sits for days while others are being fulfilled.

As a business who absolutely depends on shipping their products, the least they could do is ensure that the transition be seamless to customers, and when it isn't they should do something more than charge me what I apparently should have paid for shipping in the first place. In today's online marketplace, the minimum standard in this case would be refunding the shipping cost. Period.

I didn't order a box of 50 rounds to try them out, I placed an order for 2000 rounds - not exactly small change there.

Also, I could have either lived with the delay or found a different supplier had there been some kind of notice when I placed my order - but there wasn't. The plans I had to go shooting this weekend are now cancelled, because my current ammo budget is tied up in this order.

Here is the email they sent out:
Dear valuable customer,

We are pleased to announce our switch to FedEx Ground for all ammunition shipments. The transition started last Tuesday and there have admittedly been a few issues with processing your orders for shipment. We sincerely apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience, but we believe this was the right move for you!

Your shipping rates have been CUT in HALF and FedEx provides guaranteed delivery times. Five days is the maximum delivery time to the East Coast of the United States. The delivery time is guaranteed, which means, if you don’t get your order in the specified delivery time, YOU DO NOT PAY FOR THE SHIPPING!

We beg your patience as we work through this transition. Packages will begin moving this afternoon and there may be a lapse in viewing the tracking information on our site. We should be completely transitioned by Monday, September 26, 2011. Thanks again for your patronage and we look forward to providing you with the highest quality ammunition made right here in the USA by real Americans committed to quality for many years to come.

Have a great day!
I got it today, at 1:41 p.m. EDT. They've known about the problem, but haven't done much about it.

Bottom line: I paid for UPS shipping, they announce they've switched to FedEx and shipping is now 1/2 the cost of UPS and my order sits, while I still have to pay for what it would have cost FedEx to ship it (had it been an option when I ordered, which it should have been since they started the transition last Tues.)

EDIT: My order has now been broken into 2 UPS shipments, but both are still Waiting to Ship.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I placed an order last week ( my first ) and after no notice of it shipping, I called them today too.

I wound up chatting with the customer service gal for about half an hour, she was very nice and explained to me what was going on. It seems that their distributor in Idaho has not been an actual part of the company. Usa ammo has switched to FedEx, but the distributor was still set up to use UPS and it was causing a glitch in their shipping. She told me they had nearly 400 orders that hadn't gone out due to the mix up, but they would all be sent by the end of the week.

We had a nice talk and she explained what all was going on and why they were changing shippers. When it was all said and done, I was told that everyone who had an order delayed would only be charged half of the normal shipping and that they were working as hard as they could to get them out. I really felt better after talking to her, she didn't have any reason to talk to me as long as she did and it made me feel good that she actually took the time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I placed an order last week ( my first ) and after no notice of it shipping, I called them today too.

I wound up chatting with the customer service gal for about half an hour, she was very nice and explained to me what was going on. It seems that their distributor in Idaho has not been an actual part of the company. Usa ammo has switched to FedEx, but the distributor was still set up to use UPS and it was causing a glitch in their shipping. She told me they had nearly 400 orders that hadn't gone out due to the mix up, but they would all be sent by the end of the week.

We had a nice talk and she explained what all was going on and why they were changing shippers. When it was all said and done, I was told that everyone who had an order delayed would only be charged half of the normal shipping and that they were working as hard as they could to get them out. I really felt better after talking to her, she didn't have any reason to talk to me as long as she did and it made me feel good that she actually took the time.
Just out of curiosity, why don't you order from Georgia Arms and save yourself time and money?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I could have saved time yes, but not money. With full price shipping USA was still cheaper than the ammo alone from Ga. Arms. Since I don't need it till next month, time is not a big concern.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
There will always be those that expect more than they are intitled to. Unless yo uarepaying for next day or express shipping, a week is pretty much std.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There will always be those that expect more than they are intitled to. Unless yo uarepaying for next day or express shipping, a week is pretty much std.
So, you think expecting to get what I paid for is more than I am entitled to?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: I never expected overnight or express shipping ... however, I did order 7.62x54r from another company and it will arrive tomorrow. I placed that order at the same time, and when I did, I expected the orders to arrive by Friday, that is quite reasonable.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
MODS: please lock this thread until Saturday Afternoon when Mr. r.j.s gets his ammo, that way us patient members may have a few days of non crapping threads.

OP: Buyer Beware's are reserved for companies that completely bend you over without kneepads and lube and then hide you in a dark closet for 3 weeks. You got an apologetic email and a discount....be patient and stop hating please and thank you

·
Registered
107 Posts
I could have saved time yes, but not money. With full price shipping USA was still cheaper than the ammo alone from Ga. Arms. Since I don't need it till next month, time is not a big concern.
Really? That's strange. I thought Ga Arms was doing free shipping on orders these days?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MODS: please lock this thread until Saturday Afternoon when Mr. r.j.s gets his ammo, that way us patient members may have a few days of non crapping threads.

OP: Buyer Beware's are reserved for companies that completely bend you over without kneepads and lube and then hide you in a dark closet for 3 weeks. You got an apologetic email and a discount....be patient and stop hating please and thank you
Nothing said you had to read it, or decide to come in and crap on this thread.

My "discount" aside, the fact is that the order still had not shipped.

Piss-poor service, IMO, but obviously it is perfectly acceptable to you. I should just shut up and be happy if I actually get what I pay for.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I should just shut up.
Yes you should.

I ordered from them for the first time a couple weeks ago. Took a few days to get out and another couple to arrive. I used common sense and ordered early enough so I did not have to change my plans and had a great range day! Early bird gets the worm.

·
Registered
29,893 Posts
I ordered 2k rounds of .223 from AIM yesterday.

It shipped today. I'll expect it showing up here Saturday or Monday at the latest.

This is about the timeline I'd expect from any company that has the item I ordered in stock. To be perfectly blunt--USA shoulda had that shipment rolling Tuesday at the latest. If they were changing shippers, they should have let buyers know that there may be delays in advance, instead of just taking the money and letting the buyers hang.

In short, they F'd up. Sure, they reduced the shipping charges...to what they are supposed to be with the new shipper. Mighty big of 'em.

He's got a legitimate gripe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I understand that it didn't start processing until Monday ... however, when I see posts here and everywhere else online, as well as people I work with, stating that they were fast to ship, and their prices are good, I placed my order expecting the quality of service to live up to their reputation. When my order sits in a "Waiting to Ship" status for 2 whole business days (because it was there on Monday), I decided to contact them.

I would have been happy with the 50% shipping discount, however, I got an email saying that now that they have changed carriers to FedEx, shipping will now cost 50% less. Since my shipping option was UPS, I therefore paid 100% more than orders going forward, and my order sits for days while others are being fulfilled.

As a business who absolutely depends on shipping their products, the least they could do is ensure that the transition be seamless to customers, and when it isn't they should do something more than charge me what I apparently should have paid for shipping in the first place. In today's online marketplace, the minimum standard in this case would be refunding the shipping cost. Period.

I didn't order a box of 50 rounds to try them out, I placed an order for 2000 rounds - not exactly small change there.

Also, I could have either lived with the delay or found a different supplier had there been some kind of notice when I placed my order - but there wasn't. The plans I had to go shooting this weekend are now cancelled, because my current ammo budget is tied up in this order.

Here is the email they sent out:

I got it today, at 1:41 p.m. EDT. They've known about the problem, but haven't done much about it.

Bottom line: I paid for UPS shipping, they announce they've switched to FedEx and shipping is now 1/2 the cost of UPS and my order sits, while I still have to pay for what it would have cost FedEx to ship it (had it been an option when I ordered, which it should have been since they started the transition last Tues.)

EDIT: My order has now been broken into 2 UPS shipments, but both are still Waiting to Ship.
you want some cheese with that whine?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.