1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
That does seem a little high. The instructor from my CFP course actually handed out copies of this to everyone in the class. There was some good articles in there, but don't know if I want to pay that much.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Interesting. $27 for website only, $37 for magazine only, or $47 for both. Sounds like they may have some good info. But you know what, I get 4 or 5 different gun magazines and they all usually have the same articles every month. I don't know, I may try it.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
That does sound a little high since I just got a discount card from Playboy stating 12 issues for $12 bucks! I think the cover price is like $6 bucks or something like that..

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I joined last year. The magazine is nice. The website/forum is OK but nothing to write home to mom about. The guy is VERY hypey and that bugs me. I don;t know if I will renew or not.
:-|:-|:-|

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I have been a member for a couple of years. I enjoy their magazine, it has a lot of good information, also enjoy the weekly news letter. Web site is alright.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I joined last year. The magazine is nice. The website/forum is OK but nothing to write home to mom about. The guy is VERY hypey and that bugs me. I don;t know if I will renew or not.
:-|:-|:-|
I agree.....I'll renew to get the mag but not the website.....the forum is very light on content/participation....there are plenty of other forums, including this one, that has good information free.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I agree for the most part with comments. Mag is good, website is good but other forums have more information and more humor too!

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I tried it. I found too many conflicts within the articles. And, like some one already said, it's full of hype!
I only did a "trial" offering, so I'm not a good source but I figured that I would write what I've said to other folks.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I agree.....there are plenty of other forums, including this one, that has good information free.
There ain't no such thing as "FREE", pay-up or kermy will cut you off!:shock::razz:

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I've been a member for a couple years. I like the magazine, lots of good info. Not sure if it's worth the $47 though. Website/Forums are ok. I don't go on as often as XDtalk though. Debating on renewing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm a member but in truth I only read the magazine. The forums don't even compare to here.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I'm a member. I don't get around too much to their forums, but I enjoy their magazine and I'll gladly support the USCCA.

I like that they're specifically geared toward Concealed Carry, as opposed to all those other organizations that are less specific (i.e. hunting, conservation, gun rights, etc).

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I am a member and I enjoy it very much. I like the magazine and the way that it is formatted, I enjoy the forums because there is a lot of wisdom out there, and I enjoy the weekly newsletter. I also enjoy the videos that they have been sending to people the past 4 or 5 weeks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I did like this quote he had in his little speach, and I think it's so true.

“Policemen are nobody’s personal bodyguards. Their
jobs are to find and arrest people who have
committed crimes, not to prevent such potential
crimes from happening in the first place. Clearly,
the responsibility for victim-prevention lies with
the victim-to-be.”​

Nice to see things like this around.

Woot, 500 posts!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm a member and like the magazine, but forum is ok. My membership runs out in February and I will either just keep the magazine going or drop out altogether. I will make that decision when the time comes. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Been a member for over a year now, really enjoy the magazines, check in on their forum on occasion. Their site is also handy for viewing back issues, they have a ton of online articles from decent authors, and are adding some well-known staff (like Managing Editor Kathy Jackson of "Cornered Cat" fame). I like it...best CCW-focused site/zine I've found.

Yes Tim (the owner) can be viewed as "pushy" or really "enthusiastic" but then this organization is his baby and bread/butter...a man has to eat (and have $ left over for more guns and ammo ;)).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts