Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noob question but ..........do complete uppers have to be shipped to a FFL dealer, or can they just ship them direct to your house?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Everything can be shipped directly to your door other than the lower receiver.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok great, that's what I thought thanks for the quick replies. off to buy an upper then.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
yeppers every part of an AR other than the lower receiver weather it is stripped or complete can be shipped to your house.

triggers, hammers, bolts, barrels, spring, whatnots, thingamagiggys, do hickies, stocks, trigger guards, grips rails, sights, muzzlebreaks, you name it other than the Lower receiver everything else can go straight to your house.

well the lower receiver can to but if you get caught you and the sender are in real trouble.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't CT one of the "postban states?" I'm pretty sure you'd have to order a postban style upper, just in case you didn't know. (No bayonet lug, no threaded barrel/flash hider, no collapsible stock, etc).

Here's a couple pretty good links so you can check for yourself so you know you're in compliance or not.

ATF Online - Publication 5300.5: State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms

NRA-ILA ::

yeah I can only have something like 2 of things. I.E. pistol grip and flash hider, but then my stock has to be fixed and I can't have a for grip. it's really lame, but it could be worse, I could live in NJ ...............

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I'm pretty sure the grip and detachable magazine will be the only two features you can go with. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts