Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First post, first pistol (always shot friends pistols), new XD45 Tac owner. A few questions...

-I am wondering if any of this personal custom work that I have seen many people posting about voids the warranty of SA firearms (I assume that using the SA Custom Shop does not).

-Has anyone here used the Springfield Custom Shop before, if so... what have you had done/how did it change the feel of shooting your gun?

-Some things that I am looking at having done through SA is:
-Comp trigger job
-Extended mag release
-Springfield Custom match barrel

Can anyone speak to their experiences with this work on their guns? I am particularly interested in differences between the Springfield Custom match barrel and the Bar-Sto match barrel as well as personal experiences between the competition trigger job and the combat action job. I know I could do it cheaper buying the parts and doing it myself, but I am a person that puts a lot of stock in manufacturers warranties. I plan on keeping this gun for the rest of my life, and I don't want SA coming back on me 15 years from now saying that the trigger job I did voided my warranty. Thanks all!

-Ping

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
The best gunsmiths don't work at the Springfield Custom shop, and they stand behind their work. And I'd shoot a bunch before I worried about changing the barrel. YMMV.

·
Registered
208 Posts
send it to SA for the trigger job, and diff. sights...they do a great job on everything. Or find a good Gunsmith. As for the stainless ext. mag. release, and stainless guide rod you can buy them from xdguys.com or pistolgear.com, and install them yourself. Keep the barrel and send it to customized creationz to have it polished.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts