Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pocket carrying my Bodyguard .380 for the past couple of years as my BUG and primary when I was unable to carry a full size firearm. But over the past year, I have been repeatedly frustrated by the fact that the magazine release was actuating in my pocket about 20-30% of the time. I contacted S&W and had the release replaced, but it had shaken my confidence in the weapon. Additionally, I never cared for the laser on the gun. Finding out about the new laser-free M&P BG380, I had been getting more detached from my BG380. I decided to make a change last week.

After speaking with a LGS, I got a deal on a trade for my BG380 that I simply could not pass up. I traded my BG380, with approximately 175rds. of use, along with an extra mag and my DeSantis SuperFly holster, for a new 9mm Shield at a LGS. I sold my father my remaining .380 ammo, and I already have an ample supply of 9mm ammo for my Beretta. It's nice to reduce the number of handgun calibers I need to worry about.

I am really happy right now. I am a big guy and tend to wear pants with deep pockets, so pocket carrying the Shield is not out of the question for me. Additionally, the Shield completely disappears when carried IWB. I am very pleased. I will try to post a pic later on. Hopefully, I can make it to the range later this week.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job...

I never liked the laser either. The M&P looks nice but I think I want a 42 if I go .380
Thanks! The 42 must be a soft shooting .380, but for the size, you are very close to a caliber upgrade shared by the Shield/XDS dimensions.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I am fond of my shield but hate the sights. It should have caps on it shortly.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My G42 makes my XDs seem huge and heavy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I am fond of my shield but hate the sights. It should have caps on it shortly.
I actually like the sights for the time being, but I will get a set of TFOs installed before long. I need holsters more than upgraded sights right now. One thing at a time...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Curse you Carl! I was trying to get away from .380s. You post that side-by-side with the XDs and 42 and now I want a G42.

Way to hijack Tex's thread too.

kypix

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Good move, IMO.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That little Glock sure looks nice.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Curse you Carl! I was trying to get away from .380s. You post that side-by-side with the XDs and 42 and now I want a G42.

Way to hijack Tex's thread too.

kypix
Not really a hijack the g42, shield, and XDs were all mention before I posted. There is no reason why you can't have all three.:p

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
.380 ammo prices suck right now. I'll stick with my Shield for now but would like to get a G42 for my wife if she ever decides to carry.

Sent from the county jail.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
the XDS and Shield were just too big for me to pocket carry. Good guns, along with the 42..... but none of them were right for me.

Ended up with a Kahr CW380 which feels just a bit small than all the above.

Good find on your new partner... hope it serves you well.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats OP. It sounds like you made a choice that was best for you. Most owners of the Shield appear to be quite happy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not really a hijack the g42, shield, and XDs were all mention before I posted. There is no reason why you can't have all three.:p
Nice lineup. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts