Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am a new XDm 9sc owner, and am a bit overwhelmed at the options available for upgrade, as well as spare parts. I am extremely happy with the purchase, after some serious range time with my newest addition to the 'toy chest'. This will be EDC, as well as my secondary HD (if the BG has already heard 8 rounds of 12 gauge). Wondering what people recommend, as far as springs, pins, trigger jobs, etc. Maybe ranked from most important to least? Thanks for the help, as I believe I will be in this SA family for a long time now that I am a convinced convert :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grats on the XD9sc. As far as upgrades go. I would worry less about them till you have a good 500-1000 rounds through it and have gotten used to it. If at that point you think it needs a little tweaking then a trigger job from either PRP, Springer, or Canyon Creek will offer the biggest improvement. The difference between my XDm stock and with PRP's Ultimate Match kit is like night and day.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I put Tru Glo TFO's on mine and LOVE them...My groups tightened up and I certainly see them better in ALL light conditions...

Other than that, I'd say leave her stock, buy more mags and ammo :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have the XDm Compact, but I do have a XD SC, and I noticed alot of people put the Pearce grip extension on the smaller mag for the XDM C, just like I did on the XD SC. I also added a Pachymyr rubber sleeve for grip, because I realized a polymer gun gets real slippery when you're actually shooting it alot, out in 90+ degree weather. (One thing I learned in my CWP class using my XDm .40)

Get a good conealable holster. I recommend Crossbreed, of course. Maybe night sights or a new Crimson Trace for the XDm Compact, if you're into that sorta thing. In my eyes, the XDm's don't need a trigger job. Mine feels great, but I guess there's people who can make them feel better. It's all up to you, but take a look at the XDm picture thread and you will see some really nice XDm Compacts. Just look around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts