Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showing off my latest stippling job:

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I personally am not to big of a fan of stippled guns, especially where the entire grip is completely stippled, but yours looks really nice. I think it actually makes the XDm look nicer, although I know that is not the point of stippling. It is nice to see somebody taking their time and making stippling look really nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That does look good....most stippling I see looks horrible. I know it's not for looks but it looks like it would tear your hands up an hour at the range. I bought the rubberized grip tape from powder river precision for mine a lot less permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That does look good....most stippling I see looks horrible. I know it's not for looks but it looks like it would tear your hands up an hour at the range. I bought the rubberized grip tape from powder river precision for mine a lot less permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

If you have "girly" hands, you would have a problem. If you have "man" hands, it is great!! The point is that it is permanent, no need to buy anymore grips. Used the stick-on grips before, they won't last, if you shoot enough.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If you have "girly" hands, you would have a problem. If you have "man" hands, it is great!! The point is that it is permanent, no need to buy anymore grips. Used the stick-on grips before, they won't last, if you shoot enough.
I don't like stippling. I just use my girly hands to grip the gun firmly. My calluses interlock the factory ridges. ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I usually don't care for stippling but that looks great! Does it improve the grip a great deal?
Improves the grip a great deal, maintains the appearance of the gun, not bad up against the skin in the holster under your shirt. Again, looks and feels like the grip tape, won't peel off. I do all my guns like that!!:p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Showing off my latest stippling job:
Let me know what you think.
Very nice. After watching all your stippling videos, and a few others on YT, I was inspired and decided to try it for myself... on a mag extension. I probably will do a back strap next, then maybe try it out on the gun frame once I've decided on pattern and stuff.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts