Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Update*

This just in: new advertisements from Magnum Research feat. the Micro Eagle .380acp.

http://www.onpointfirearms.com/MicroEagle.pdf

I still think it looks pretty cool.

-- Evan

Czech it out: this October, Magnum Research plans to release a an uber-light .380acp pocket pistol called the Micro Eagle. The new Micro Eagle is based on a Czech design and supposedly weighs less than 14 ounces! It has a 6-round capacity and should retail for around $535, with dealer pricing around $435. Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to get on the waiting list for this hot new pistol: [email protected]

-- Evan

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Not to offend you but, I thinks it UGLY!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
For $435, I can get something with a heck of a lot more bite than a .380 & still be very concealable. :D

I gotta agree with the "ugly" too.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well, I'm not going to comment on the looks of it seeing as how people have different tastes, even if it is pretty ugly ;) , but for that price I would definitely look at something else. You can get something with more power for around the same or less, or you can get something with the same power for less... not to be overly dramatic, but DON'T DO IT!!! :D

·
Registered
815 Posts
a used Kahr pm9 for not much more! same size more power. that wont market very well.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
its uglyness is what makes it look cool, IMO. Price is no bueno though.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
christ for the price of 535 id rather buy myself 2 kel tec .380 or two ruger lcp's for a few bucks more
i think people are gonna buy it for the sole fact that it is a desert eagle brand and they attribute tha name to the .50 cal semi auto
i dunno maybe tahts just me
oh and x4 on the ugly factor

·
Registered
318 Posts
I believe it is a copy of the Czech KEVIN pistol. The little gun is sure interesting.

If you think that it is an odd name ( KEVIN ) for a pistol.
The name means Champion in Czech.

I should get one:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
i bought one. i love it. small enough to carry easily. even fits in my cars sunvisor. lol i did also have trouble finding ammo, until i found a local gun shop that had some reloads. shoots smooth, little recoil. before the holster from magnum was available, i was actually carrying it in an old cell phone pouch i had lying around. i bought it because i wanted something smaller and easier to carry then my xd. and glad i did. just wish there were hi-cap mags available for when i go to range, cause its hassle reloading after only 6 rounds.

·
Registered
829 Posts
They look better in person IMO. They also shoot pretty well and accurate. I like it but I have no use fir such a small pistol. I will stick with the .45.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
not to detract from the subject at hand...but wouldn't putting a loaded gun in a car's visor be dangerous? what if you hit a bump while driving and then you have a loaded gun flying around your car?

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
I have one of the Desert Micro Eagles.

I tried the LCP, Guardian, and Kel-Tec. I liked the DME the best.

I like the appearance. It fits well in my hand. Shoots well. Accurate. Nice sights.

Comfortable in the IWB NAA holder that fits it.

I found it to be ammo finicky. Didn't like Blazer FMJ.

Flawless with SD.

I now consider it broken in with 300 rounds through it.

It is more expensive than the Kel-Tec or LCP. But it is metal as opposed to plastic. It is clearly built to last.

My choice of the DME was based on the quality, and the feel in my hand.

I'm not going to bad mouth the Kel-Tec, LCP, or NAA if that is what others prefer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts