Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning my 45 Tac tonight, I noticed one of my mags has the SA logo with "Croatia" stamped underneath. The other two are completely without markings. All 3 mags have identical baseplates, all are stamped "Springfield Armory" and "45ACP 13 rd". Just the mag bodies are different. All 3 are the mags that came in the box with the pistol. Wierd.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
im not sure most guns only come with 2 mags
was it new?

·
Registered
127 Posts
My 45 Tactical came new with one 10 rounder and two 13 round mags. The shop owner was as surprised as I was when we opened the case.

My kid is sleeping now, but I'll pop the safe open and check the mags for markings tomorrow.

Strange.......

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sweet!!! You guys that scored three mags with your Tacticals are lucky!!! The TWO (2) mags that came with my Tactical, base plate markings only nothing on the mag itself.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I got three mags with my Tactical and all were marked on the baseplates with the standard stamping, but no markings on the mag bodies other than the round-count holes on the back of the mags. I have bought several more .45acp mags since then and none of my mags are marked with the logo you mentioned. Post up some pics when you can, jandlp14.

·
Registered
167 Posts
the two that came with mine are unmarked, but the one I just got from pistolgear has the SA logo stamped on the lower front of the mag. Seems to a less polished metal too. Looks better imo.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I have one of those marked mags. Only 1 out of my 6 mags.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
I'm embarrassed to say how many extra mags I ordered. All of them have the Springfield Armory Logo stamped on the bottom front of the mag body. Says "PRODUKT KARLOVAC." Also says SPRINGFIELD ARMORY and 45ACP 13rd on the plastic baseplate. Don't know for sure yet if that is good or not. And Croasia is spelled Croatia. I can't speel. Sorry about that. Thanks. :) :) :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
My original 2 mags had the logo stamping. I bought 2 more and only one had the stamping the other didn't. They all performed exactly the same for me so far (2000 some rounds between the 4)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I have four mags, two are unmarked on the body and highly polished stainless steel and the other two are stamped with the SA logo and marked Croatia and a more satin finish. Odd, but all function the same.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Between my service and compact tactical I have:
4 13 rnd
3 13 rnd w/ ext.
5 10 compact.

Of all 12 NONE of them have that stamp, just the info on the baseplate. :???:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm. For some odd reason, this is interesting to me. I know it doesn't matter if they are marked or not, mine have all been flawless. I'm just curious if the mag bodies are manufactured by some other company, and then sold as "Genuine Springfield Magazines". It seems to me the genuine SA mags would have the logo.

--John

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I think these are a "Genuine" as any other XD magazine, just like all XD's are genuine HS 2000's to some degree. "PRODUKT KARLOVAC" means just what it sounds like: Product of Karlovac (which is the city in Croatia where the HS 2000 is manufactured). My guess is that Springfield, in conjunction with HS Produkt (company that manufactures the HS 2000/XD), is supplied with mags from that company. Some mags are getting the SA logo while some mags are merely unstamped. All the mags are apparently getting the same "Springfield Armory" ".45ACP 13rd" baseplates. The unmarked vs. marked mags are no less genuine than any other Springfield XD mag. This is particularly true because nobody who has posted about the differences in stampings on the mags has said that they are more or less reliable than the unmarked mags...both are 100% in terms of function. Same mags, same quality, reliability, etc...except for a roll-marked logo.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I looked at my 40 mags and they don't have the stamp, but they are labeled on the base plates

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
ORD, great post. Thank you. RogueXD...now I'm not QUITE sosss embarrassed. Now how do I explain the dozen (12) 10-rd Saiga 12 gage mags to....He he he. HB of CJ :) :) :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
The mags with the marking are newer and stronger. The shinier mags are the older mags. I have seen alot of the older mags have problems after shooting alot of factor +p loads. The rear of the mags start to bulge near the rear and doesnt free fall all the time. I called Sa and they gave me 3 free mags. I will use the older mags for range practice only. I will contact SA for exchange when they get worst. One coworker had rear top seam almost start splitting.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i have 8 12 round 40 service mags with no stamp and two 45 service mags non have the stamp on the metal just info on the base plate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts