Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some Ultramax 180 GR .40 S & W rounds at Dicks today. They are remanufactured and the lead bullits have no jacket. They were in a value pack of 225 rounds for a litlle under $30. A little lower than two of the WWB value packs of 100 rounds I get a t Wallyworld. I thought I'd give them a try. I will just be using them to punch holes in paper. Has anyone used these? Any negatives in using unjacketed bullits? I wouldn't want to feed my baby anything that might cause it problems. :roll:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, I've used Ultramax ammo before, and I think its plenty safe to use.

Let me also say, I doubt you'll ever buy any more. I bought one box, and it worked fine, fed fine, and ejected fine. It was just the dirtiest, worst smelling ammo I've ever used. It created a toxic cloud that hung in the air forever. Just overall not a pleasant experience. I'd especially recommend against using it indoors.

Maybe you'll get lucky, and the price seemed good, so it is worth a try. I just didn't like it at all. I think there are some others on this forum who feel the same. :wink:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I'm not a fan of the stuff, but you could shoot worse.

IF you want to shoot quality reloads, check out georgiaarms stuff

www.georgia-arms.com

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
http://www.nationalbullet.com

There have decent internet prices but if you live in the greater Cleveland area and can go in person you get great deals on their remanufacture stuff. If you trade brass in and by in lots of 1000 round you can get 40S&W 180gr FMJ (1000fps) for as cheap as $6.83 a box of 50 and thats after local sales tax. I have over 500 rounds of the stuff through my both my XD-40 Service and Tactical and not one problem.

mcb

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up on this ammo. I think I'll just try to return the stuff. I read the other threads from the other post, on this ammo, and it doesn't sound like what I want to send through my pistol. I like saving a buck where I can, but not if it means shooting crap that trashes my pistol. :shock:

Thanks again :D

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Just wanna take a post to second neXD's recommendation of Georgia Arms' ammo. It's really great stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently there are some regulations about returning ammunition. Dicks was not going to take it back, but said they would make an exception this one time. So, anyway, I returned it and I will be a little more picky about what I bring home from now on. This was a first experience for me. Can anyone fill me in on the regulations on returning ammo. This stuff was sealed in a bag inside and it was clear it had not been opened. If it had been, naturally I would understand. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts