Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read a lot here,don't post much. have several older xd's. the pistol was designedby Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vckers. old freinds of mine from years ago.
was gifted with 2-3 from them 6-7 about 20-30 mags. love the weapon.NEVER 1 JAM IN FACTORY ammo
have not reloaded in in years. found a ton of winchester primers large and small. only reloaded .45 - 9m.m. and a little .38
have 3 dillion 550's/ 650's neatly kept under blue dillon covers.

2 thoughts. is unique's still a good powder?
not getting in the dog fight for any thing.
2400 for .38 stuff.

knew a club of serioous reloaders @ loccal gun club. all had dillions. ALL used winchester primers. i had problems
with cci/fed.1 other jammed press a lot. local said winchester was best for dillion. even gave me 2-3oo to try (when they were cheap.)

never had another prolerm.

dont tell all about how all the "it works in my press" stories.
winchester is all i have. have about 10k.
tons of unique and 24oo. i am done.

ummv.

jjw

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can reload pretty much anything with Unique. It may or may not load consistently in your measure, since it’s a flake powder as opposed to a ball powder, but settling the powder in the measure helps a great deal, and I have no problems with it in my Dillon 550.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I like Unique. Use it for 12 ga shotshells, 41 magnum, 44 special and magnum, 45acp. Have used it for 9mm and 40 s&w but prefer Titegroup for those - only slight preference because meters better on dillon 650 which I dedicate to small pistol primers for 9 and 40 that I load in highest quantities. I load others on hornady lnl or single stage.

As for primers, Ive used winchester, cci, s&b, remington - never detected differences, all load, all go bang for me. I do tend to winchester or cci, no big reason.

·
Registered
31 Posts
read a lot here,don't post much. have several older xd's. the pistol was designedby Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vckers. old freinds of mine from years ago.
was gifted with 2-3 from them 6-7 about 20-30 mags. love the weapon.NEVER 1 JAM IN FACTORY ammo
have not reloaded in in years. found a ton of winchester primers large and small. only reloaded .45 - 9m.m. and a little .38
have 3 dillion 550's/ 650's neatly kept under blue dillon covers.

2 thoughts. is unique's still a good powder?
not getting in the dog fight for any thing.
2400 for .38 stuff.

knew a club of serioous reloaders @ loccal gun club. all had dillions. ALL used winchester primers. i had problems
with cci/fed.1 other jammed press a lot. local said winchester was best for dillion. even gave me 2-3oo to try (when they were cheap.)

never had another prolerm.

dont tell all about how all the "it works in my press" stories.
winchester is all i have. have about 10k.
tons of unique and 24oo. i am done.

ummv.

jjw
I make pretty much at least 1 unique load for every pistol or revolver caliber I have. It’s always and I do mean always provided an accurate load that is generally in the upper velocity area as well. I use other powders as well but unique serves 45acp, 9mm,10mm,40,357,44sp,44mag better than most. I particularly like it wit lead bullets seams to “bump” the bullets for good gas seal. Most accurate load I make is 7.5 gr unique under a 200 gr Oregon trail rnfp or the skeeter load 7.5 under 240gr swc both in 44spcl. Good loading!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts