Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope everything got worked out. I had the same problem when I bought my XDM-10 OSP. I called Springfield and the sent me a label and I returned the handgun to then to fix it. I don’t know how they removed the stick screws, but they did and had my gun back to me within 5 business days completely fixed. I did however replaced all the cheap screws with quality steel screws and used my torque wrench to ensure they we’re installed and set correctly
Hi there guys, I have the same problem, I got two screws broken, the quality of them is terrible. When I install the mounting plate I would like to use good quality screws like you. Where did you buy them and could you provide the exact name and size. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased a 10mm OSP with Vortex red Dot about 2 months+/- ago. Today I had time to take the plate off and install the red dot. I wasn't happening.
1. I tried to take the screws out with the supplied wrench in the case. NO luck.
2. I tried the soldering iron to heat the screw locking compound. No luck.
3. I tried nail polish remover with acetone. No luck.
4. I went to WM and bought full strength acetone $11.50, and a butane micro-torch $22.00. No luck
5. I checked the screw tightness with a fat wrench, in excess of 40 inch-pounds.
Well, the screws look like [email protected] I can't get them out and I am thoroughly disgusted, I haven't even loaded a magazine.

Thoughts??? Now I ask

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem. I used a torch to heat the screw up. (Didn’t work). Drilled and tried easy out with no luck. So finally I just beat a hex wrench in with a hammer until it bit, then basically made a 1/4 turn at a time until it came out. No damage to anything.
Now I need replacement screws for the mount to the slide and don’t know where to get them. Anyone know where to go?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts