Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the correct thread.

I am getting a cowhide supertuck and wondered what y'alls thoughts were on undershirt in between you and your IWB holster or just go holster to skin based on personal experience with comfort.

I'll find what works for me based on experience, but was just curious as I didn't see this topic elsewhere.

Any IWB holster type input is welcomed, not just for the ST

Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I guess I should edit to say any IWB holster input would work.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Horsehide wears better next to skin from my experience.

But as ta2dave76 stated, I wear a wife beater undershirt when carrying a belt holster, IWB or OWB.;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, now I can't open this thread at work tomorrow. Thanks A lot!

Oh wait...not actually mad. Seriously, who could be mad about that?! drooool

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Great, now I can't open this thread at work tomorrow. Thanks A lot!

Oh wait...not actually mad. Seriously, who could be mad about that?! drooool
Sorry just wanted an example of the type of t-shirt I wear.
Although I don't look that good in it..:shock:

Seriously, if you need me to delete my posts, shoot me a PM.;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, no you're alright but your last pic failed.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Sweet Jesus this thread took a turn didnt it?? Wow.

To the OP whenenver I carry I wear an undershirt, moreso because of the grips than the holster but nonetheless I do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took offense to that Kyle...:oops:
Just scroll up, it'll make you feel better :D

Sweet Jesus this thread took a turn didnt it?? Wow.
We have 1lowlife to thank for that

whenenver I carry I wear an undershirt, moreso because of the grips than the holster but nonetheless I do.
So you're saying you tuck it behind the holster in between it and you? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I got a CBST in horse down here in the south, and never wear a T-shirt. Gun heavily stippled and it is a non-combat cut holster. Abrades a little just to know its there. Works for me.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I wore an undershirt when I first started carrying, but I eventually stopped. I have a horsehide CBST and its just fine without an undershirt. There are times when then grip will start to bug me but all I have to do is re-adjust the gun/holster and its all good again.
By the way, I think more threads should start out like this one :-o

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't usually wear an undershirt with my horsehide CBST. I actually have a few fairly thin shirts that I wear tshirts with and I tuck the undershirt in on the outside of the holster so it's still against my skin. Helps with printing on the thin shirts.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wow sooo I take a second to look through here in the middle of my office and see this thread... Thank God the older lady near me was not sitting at the moment!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Never wear an undershirt with my CBST.

I don't have the combat cut, the the grip problem is not there for me.

Plus I'm in South East Texas, too damned hot for undershirts.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Same here for South Louisiana, too hot for extra shirts. My xdsc never bothers me (supertuck or quikclip) ever once in a while my 1911 hammer digs into my side but I got used to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wear a wife beater tucked between my holster (old faithful holsters) and my body. The undershirt is not too hot and prevents any rubbing from the holster or grip.

·
Registered
755 Posts
there are basically two types of iwb when you get down to it, most of which are type 1 that have a "bodyguard" that have a piece of leather between you and the slide, and type 2 that do not. This protects both the gun from you and sweat, and you from rubbing metal all day, plus that cold feeling in the morining is a real wake up! Crossbreeds have this as do most high end holsters. the problem is that a person is not protected from the grip.
A persons grip may have tape or hard texture which could be pretty uncomfortable. I personally wear a shirt sometime and sometime do not. never really notice much of a difference so when its hot i go without and when its cold i do. hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts