Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... again. I was a member here around the time I purchased my first firearm, a .357 Sig XD('03-'04?). I love my piece, and had it customized a little shortly after I got it, and found out about my options here. I got Don's Guide Rod, had most of the body treated with Mac's Tuff-Gun finish, but I got the barrel hard-chromed. I also added a 9mm conversion barrel and night sites. Then I got a Concealed Carry License. I didn't get the chance to shoot near as much as I wanted to, and was looking for a holster... then everything came to an abrupt and truly awful end. My spine was crushed and burst in a horrible car accident, and life as I knew it ended. My carcass is crippled, but my surly spirit still haunts the web.

I finally came back here as I am once again at a point where I am looking for a few items for my XD, and would like to shoot it again. I logged in, and it said that I hadn't made any posts yet. I did a search trying to find one of my old posts, but didn't find it. I did come across a post where someone mentioned the site getting hacked and losing info(that may have been several years ago now). So I'm assuming the posts I made in my past life were lost? That's disappointing, but I'm used to it. :evil:
So anyways, I'm back. I forgot a lot of the things that I used to know, and need to catch up on everything new; so I'm going to have a lot of questions. I recently saw a magazine's review of the XD-M, which got me wondering about what had been happening in XD land. I need to find out about any developements and accessories that have appeared since my untimely demise. I already have two items on my shopping list, I just need to find out what is currently available. I need to find a holster that will work in my current situation, and want to get some mags that hold more than 10 rounds now that the stoopid capacity limiting law is no longer in effect(I don't live in CA).

I seriously doubt anyone currently here remembers me, so "Hi"! I would appreciate any assistance in updating me on what I've missed the last half-decade, and what the current situation is in XDville. I will post threads about my particular holster needs and other specific questions a little later. Did I miss anything important, or any noteworthy accessories, mods, or the like? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident.

I have been here less than a year and lot has happened in the world of XD's in the short time I have been here.

Sure you can catch up real fast here.

And if you are looking for high capacity magazines, you should get them sooner rather than later. With Obama being the next president and the liberal democrats/republicans in office, they are surely going to bring back the last AWB which will include a magazine round limit.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Welcome back to the forum from Florida!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but glad to hear that you are ready to get back to shooting!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome back!! There are some cool color combinations now, as well as a thumb safety on the service45 LE model. There is the new XDM in .40 and 9mm out too... and if you buy a new XD they are having a gear up promo you can redeem to receive 2 free mags... I think you need to buy another XD so your first will have a companion and you can have a new child to dress up and feed lots :)

·
Premium Member
127,083 Posts
Welcome home.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Welcome back, the name sounds familiar but it has been awhile

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Welcome back, Im sorry to hear of the accident and am glad you are still here to chat with us. There is a ton of new info, and the people here have grown in number and friendship while you have been gone. Shoot any question you have and we'll be happy to help friend.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Damn Gonzo. That's a rough patch man. I was actually wondering about you and about a dozen other folks that I haven't seen post in ages.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome back from CT.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of the greetings. Y'know, it's kinda weird. Like I mentioned all of my OLD posts were lost, but I just found a PM from '04 that's still in my inbox. I wonder why that survived but the posts disappeared?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Welcome back Gonzo. Good to see you are getting back on the forum.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome back from Nebraska.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
welcome back from Auburn, AL ! got a uncle who is in a wheelchair.. he (not sure if you have one didn't specify in your post) . he carries daily between a xd 9 service and a star 30 9mm . both go into a kangaroo holster that he loves. fits up high and tight .. and with a button down the draw from a chair is pretty darn quick i must say ! shop around.. he got his from ebay shipped for about 18 bucks.. brand new i think they are only 30

1 - 20 of 21 Posts