Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damnit, im done with my u.m. holster. as i reported in another post ive been carrying mexican style. heres why.

my u.m. holster when pressure is applied(ie leaning on my side etc.), it hits the mag release just right. last night was about the 3rd time ive drawn my pistol(sub version) only to find the mag released. NOT GOOD. so far this has only happened with the sub.

also, the gun/holster has almost fallen out several times(this has happened with the 4" also). im done with it. i need a belt loop type holster and not this crappy "clip" style holster.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Uncle Mike is a pretty shitty uncle if you ask me....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have actually grown to love my cheap Uncle Mike's inside the pants clip style holster. Only cost around $30, stays put, and is actually pretty comfortable, (as comfortable as can be expected carrying the XD .40). Although I am fairly new to the CC lifestyle, I am in the military and have quite a bit of expierence with military style holsters. I'd rather carry this way than any of the large, clumsy holsters we supply our men and women in uniform with.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Do as the Tengu said take a dremmel tool and shave out a little where the mag button is. After visting with the tengu he showed me, and I follwed his advice just 10 sec with a dremmel and you will be done.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Uncle Mike's makes OK holsters, but you get what you pay for. I used their products when I started out thinking I would save a few bucks, but I finally decided to spend the cash and buy true custom fit leather holsters (galco, Don Hume, Bianchi) and what a difference. I tossed all my nylon holsters in the trash and never looked back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like I may need to expierence how the other half live. I guess coming from a world where everything is bought from the lowest bidder, U.M. was a huge improvement. Guess thats the good thing about starting at the bottom, most anything is an improvement!

·
Registered
813 Posts
check with the accessories part of this forum for different holsters people use. You can get a custom fit model for under 30 bucks up to well over 150. I picked up a Don Hume IWB from www.xd-gear.com that works well and fits snug and it was only 22 bucks. It's just real hard to give up leather after you use a quality model. :)

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i like this one.

its got the pinch/sweat protector that the U.M. doesnt have(notice the long peice that rides up the complete length of the slide). so now i wont have to wear an extra tucked-in t-shirt to prevent skin contact.

The origional Sidearmor Inside The Waistband holster, the Classic series, was the first modular holster system on the market. Using the same CAD/CAM techniques as all our other holsters, the Classic series retains the same quality construction and unique features only found in a Sidearmor holster.

Using a replaceable belt attachment system, the user can choose to carry either J-Hooks or traditional Belt Loops in a variety of cant angles and belt sizes. Thermoformed from 3/32” Kydex 100, the Classic series of holsters offers a slimline profile and combined with the integrated sweatguard, very comfortable carry.

Most Classic IWB holsters feature the same innovative Isometric Tensioning system found on our Modular OWB holsters and our new Fourth Generation IWB holsters. This system allows for an easily ajdustable, secure retention.

The Classic IWB holster series is approved for use in IDPA competition.

Price: $ 59.95

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Verm said:
Uncle Mike's makes OK holsters, but you get what you pay for. I used their products when I started out thinking I would save a few bucks, but I finally decided to spend the cash and buy true custom fit leather holsters (galco, Don Hume, Bianchi) and what a difference. I tossed all my nylon holsters in the trash and never looked back.

Tossed them in the trash ????? Should have sold or gave them away because someone could have used them ...... not everyone is willing/able to spend $50 or more on a holster.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 uncle mikes holsters for sale!!! 1 for the sub compact and 1 for the full size. 10 bucks each.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
any chance you could post a pic or link for the one for the full size? Would appreciate it. Might take you up on that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
top quality kydex is good
but fine leather is better :twisted:

nylon is only good for tactical holsters, not really for concealment...and even then a good design is everything.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
03RangerXLT said:
any chance you could post a pic or link for the one for the full size? Would appreciate it. Might take you up on that.

no digicam. however they both have original packaging and are in mint condition. no scratches or scrapes. heres a stock photo.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
probably gonna take you up on that then. How would you prefer payment?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have been using Uncle Mike's for a while now and never had a problem. Are you sure it is not user error? I tend to carry in a DeSantis though as I like leather. The Uncle Mike's Paddle is just for convenience when I do not want to undo belt.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
manygunner said:
I have been using Uncle Mike's for a while now and never had a problem. Are you sure it is not user error? I tend to carry in a DeSantis though as I like leather. The Uncle Mike's Paddle is just for convenience when I do not want to undo belt.

i dont have the paddle. i have the belt clip type. no not user user error just a bad design.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts