Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this holster yesterday from a local shop and test fit a gun they had in stock the same as mine the xd 40 tactical and it seemed to fit a little sung, may be a little to sung for my liking but he told me that it would break in over time. It is a size 5 and says it fits 4 ½ and 5” barrel large autos, so I was wondering if anyone has one and if the Cordura nylon will be more forgiving over time?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I like uncle mikes kydex holsters (not for ccw) but do not much care for their nylon at all. I do have one for my keltec but gave away one I bought for my sub.

Yes, they do stretch over time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ichy_trigger
i had left my xd in the holster all last night an can tell a slite diffrence, but still tighter than i would like. i guess it will just take time. i also have a blackhawk serpa holster which i like alot, i will problably stick with the blackhawk at the range but i like the fact that the uncle mikes has a spare mag pouch built in, that way when im in the woods i can carry a mag of snake shot along with my standard round and not have to carry an extra mag clip

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a sidekick for my xd9 service, it was a tight fit for a while too. I did what the guy that sold it suggested and kept it in the holster for a while. I kept it in for a week and could really tell a difference. I think it is a great holster for the price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Great info guys!

I just picked up my sidekick as well! I'll be leaving my 9 in her for the next week or so! 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guy's
i guess i will just let her marinate in there for alittle longer, and if it is still alittle snug i can always bring it back to the dealer, and stick with the blackhawk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts