Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a pic of a 4" compact XD in an uncle mikes IWB holster?? Just curious if this combination works well or not. The super tuck is another option, but there are pics of that everywhere.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I carry my XD45 Service in an Uncle Mike's IWB neoprene holster (size 15) without problem, and the fact that yours is a compact doesn't matter as the only difference is the grip length.

One tidbit of info is to get the lefthanded one if you are righthanded, and vice versa if you want it on your draw side with the grip facing outward (away from your spine).

Here are some quick pics, in cheap gym shorts so it sags a little...

(Click on the thumbnails for full-sized pics)

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I wanted to see, as cheap as it is, I think I'll try it before I get a supertuck. If I don't like it, no biggie. If I don't like a supertuck, that's a lot of $$.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Take it for what it's worth but I would skip ahead to the ST. I have that same Uncle Mike's holster in a box in the garage. I'm not doing Xdraw like M2XD so maybe that's the difference but for strong side draw the ST with a good belt had much better retention for me and keeps the gun stable and firmly pressed to my side.

My 2 cents ....

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's what I wanted to see, as cheap as it is, I think I'll try it before I get a supertuck. If I don't like it, no biggie. If I don't like a supertuck, that's a lot of $$.
Give the Supertuck a try anyway. Crossbreed has a consumer-friendly trial period in which you may receive a full refund in the event you may not find the holster suitable for your liking within two weeks or so. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :cool:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Going from a cheap piece of crap Uncle Mike's to a "premium" holster is like night and day.

It's like how I feel when I get out of my Honda Civic and get into the Dodge Charger at work.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yeah, everybody likes to badmouth the Uncle Mike's but I have hiked and run with mine and have never had a problem. I also find it easier to conceal than a "premium" holster, especially considering I usually wear it with shorts and a t-shirt.

Of course, I would rather drive a Civic than a Charger (and I've driven both). I would take that comment comparing the two as when you get into the Charger, you realize what a "premium" vehicle the Civic is!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have several custom rigs for my XD 45 (that I waited a long time to get). I still do use the Uncle Mike's IWB Size 15 occasionaly though. It's convenient to take off and put on quickly and is easy on the guns finish. I would not say the holster is crap at all. If I'm going to be wearing the gun all day with no chance of multiple holster removal I will go with a holster that has two clips spaced out to better distribute the weight. For the money the Uncle Mikes does a fine job.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I would not classify it as a piece of crap at all. I have a couple...work fine and worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a blackhawk size 6 which is the same thing as the Uncle Mikes, it was $13. Anyways, it seems to work well, but I haven't worn it in public, don't have my CCW. It's pretty comfy, not too obvious, and fits the gun well. I like it, can't complain for $13. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm a skinny guy, 5'11, 150lbs, but I can conceal my HS45 4" service on the 2:30 or 3 o' clock position on an Uncle Mikes open top IWB size 15, feels great. I usually walk aroun our neighborhood w/it wearing cargo shorts and t-shirt or polo shirts only. But I'm also cosidering the Blackhawk Serpa Sporster paddle only holster, just have to wear some loose fitting and slightly thic fabric shirts w/it's stealthy already. I think that's one of the advantages of being skinny;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts