Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good concealment holster, but I do not want leather. I was on Uncle Mike' ssite last night and saw their line. Wondering yalls opinion about them? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
You get what you pay for. With that said, I like mine, holds the 340PD. I'm sure there are much better holsters for it, but for now, it's a good place to start. Pretty comfortable too and, in a pinch, can be used as a beer coozie.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just got 2 Uncle Mike's...1 nylon IWB and 1 kydex paddle...for a new XD9 These seemed to be a good and inexpensive place to start until I figure out if I want to carry the XD IWB...The other 2 and better holsters are Bearclaw all kydex IWB and tuckable and then there's Tennessee Gunworks that have nice looking holsters...they are a sponsor on this site as well.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I have an Uncle Mike's Sidekick for my XD45 Tactical and it seems to work fine. I haven't found any clothes that it doesn't conceal under so far. It is far from perfect, but for $10 I'm very happy with it until I can justify the $150 setup from Tucker that I want.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The paddle is a little large I think for concealed carry but I got it as a start for competion...The Sidekick I have had one for years for my .380 MOB very comfy haven't tried it on the XD9 yet but for $10 cheaper than dirt can't go wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just found out at my gun store that Uncle Mikes sold out to a out of country company.....Bought a made in USA holster instead.....

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i have an uncle mikes pocket holster for my bersa 380, works well.. it also works with my colt defender... which is funny when you think about someone pocket carrying a 1911 lol..

cheers

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Just found out at my gun store that Uncle Mikes sold out to a out of country company.....Bought a made in USA holster instead.....
Damn....I just checked mine and it says "Made in Vietnam" on it. The packaging said "Made in USA" and that's partially why I bought it. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may have to look into a different holster then. Going tomorrow to check some out and may buy an AR while I'm at it!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I bought my uncle mikes from CTD using one of their $10 off anything promotions. It cost me (after discount) $6.85 in shipping for my Unc Mikes IWB (#8915-1)for my XD 40 4". It 'rides' too high for my personal taste and its not adjustable in any way. The material that its made of is exteremely difficult to actually get IWB with or without the gun inside it. Being a soft-side holster it collapses when the weapon is removed making for difficult re-holstering. I can conceal my weapon without this holster IWB easeier and more comfortably than with it.

If i had paid absolutely ANY more for it i would have been very dissappointed.

Just my $0.02 USD.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I may have to look into a different holster then. Going tomorrow to check some out and may buy an AR while I'm at it!
Store Clerk: Can I help you???

You: Oh I'm just checking out holsters and oh yeah I'll take one of those AR's too!!!

LOL freaking awesome!!!

Ok back to the OP, I have an Uncle Mike's side kick. I like it for range use and that's about it. Didn't think the pancake would work all that well with XD's cause I looked at them too. Just my $.02. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Store Clerk: Can I help you???

You: Oh I'm just checking out holsters and oh yeah I'll take one of those AR's too!!!

LOL freaking awesome!!!

Ok back to the OP, I have an Uncle Mike's side kick. I like it for range use and that's about it. Didn't think the pancake would work all that well with XD's cause I looked at them too. Just my $.02. Good luck!!!
Yeah I can't wait to see the look on the clerks face when I say that!:shock: With the economy being in the state it is, lots of people around here get rid of guns like that first. My brother-in-law just got one and said that the range had like 50 used AR's from people looking to get extra cash in thier pocket right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts