Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its me, but when other people unchamber their gun, the round pops out sort of?

For me when i unchamber and theres no clip, it doesnt hop out it actually falls thru the magazine hole

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Mine too. This isn't hollywood! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
It all has to do with how hard you rack the slide. The harder you rack it the more the round will pop up and out. If you do it slow there is not enough force to cause the ejector to flip it out.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha its not about hollywood ;x im just comparing it to other friends guns in which it actually flips back, its no problem at all though i was just wondering if it was a part that needs to be replaced or what not

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Yep, mine to. If you want to avoid this, put in an empty mag (if you have one) and then try it. Prepare to catch!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
It all has to do with how hard you rack the slide. The harder you rack it the more the round will pop up and out. If you do it slow there is not enough force to cause the ejector to flip it out.
Yep, just rack the slide faster and all the way to the back so the shell can hit the ejector.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Wait, you are using a clip in your XD?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yep, just rack the slide faster and all the way to the back so the shell can hit the ejector.
Yep...that's all it takes and the unfired cartridge should fly out just like your friends' pistols (although I don't know that is such a good thing).

·
Registered
552 Posts
Depends on how you do it.
If you hold the gun up right, like you are going to shoot a target. And rack the slide it may and most likely will fall out the mag well. If you roll the gun so that the case ejection port is pointing up, and rack the slide fast, the shell will pop up and out of the ejection port 99% of the time.

That is how I do it most of the time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I eject a round to clear my pistol I drop the mag and tilt the pistol to the side ejection port up and then rack it with some authority and the round pops up. Sometimes I snag it out of the air with my teeth or nostril, just to let everyone know i mean buisness. Sorry I didnt mean that last part.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I drop the mag and turn the gun upside down, Draw the slide back with slow to moderate speed and the cartridge just drops out right where I want it to.
:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wait, you are using a clip in your XD?
I can't believe it took till the 8th post for that to come up. There have been many times when it was addressed in post 2 or 3, someone must be slacking.

For what it's worth, mine does the same thing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's all in how fast you "rack" the slide. Do it fast and the round flies out and hits the ground and rolls around a little bit then goes right under the stove or fridge. Do it slow and deliberate and it tumbles down the mag. well onto the table or in your lap or on the ground rolling around a little then under the stove or fridge.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I can't believe it took till the 8th post for that to come up. There have been many times when it was addressed in post 2 or 3, someone must be slacking.

i would have said something sooner if i would have read it sooner.

and for me i dont really care if it falls out the bottom or pops out, as long as the live round is not in my gun anymore.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

You mean something like this?????

LOL!!!!!!

BTW: Yeah +1 to everybody.... depends on how hard you rack the slide!!! I personally don't like a live round flying through the air "aimlessly!" (pun intended) Straight drop onto a soft surface is my preferred location for dropping a hot round!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
as long as the bullet exits out of the gun, its not big deal if it pops out of the chamber or fall down the mag tube:D. why not try flip it a bit side ways and then rack the slide, 100% extraction

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I drop the mag and turn the gun upside down, Draw the slide back with slow to moderate speed and the cartridge just drops out right where I want it to.
:cool::cool::cool:
Agree. We've all seen guys showing off and catching the round in the air. Personally, I have better things to do with my time than practicing for a useless exercise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts