Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I went to the range today, Both experianced with firearms. I went to walmart and bought 2 of the hundred round Remington value packs(JHP) and he went to Dicks and bought 2 150 round value packs of ultramax. We had my XD45 Service, and his 1911. Neither had a bit of problem chewing up and spitting out the Remington ammo. But the Ultramax, was terrible multiple FTE and the nastiest ammo I have ever seen, smoked like a Blackpowder pistol and left debris all over our arms, I will definatly be doing a deep cleaning on My XD and my mags tonight before bed.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Ultramax is dirty ammo....but I have never had any issues other than that. Well I did have 1 round out of the 1000 I have shot that was below min OAL, which could have been bad if I didn't catch it.

My XD 45 is like a fat chick, it eats everything I feed it, including SWC....I must have a good one.......

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of 300 rounds my XD jamed 7 times and his 1911 jamed 12 times. The recoil was much less than the remington, it was not enough to rack the slide on some shots. I was not limp wristing.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Huh....maybe you got a low powered lot. How new is your recoil spring? Maybe a stiff spring?

Or maybe it was the glock gnomes...they like to sabbatoge anything but glocks to boost sales....

No problem with just not buying it anymore though....shoot what works.

:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have over 2k Ultramax through my XD9sc and have never had a problem!! sorry for your luck. WWB fail to eject and jam mt gun up though so i stopped using them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What type of FTE was it?

Limp wristing?

Ive shot a few hundred rounds through my xdm with no issues, you must have gotten a really bad batch or something:confused:

·
Registered
463 Posts
What type of FTE was it?

Limp wristing?

Ive shot a few hundred rounds through my xdm with no issues, you must have gotten a really bad batch or something:confused:
No limp wrist here. It might have been a bad batch i fried the round the the case was still sittin' in there.WWB isn't the cheapest in my parts and my XD just eats through everything else so its not a big deal to me it just happened to be the only ammo I have ever had a problem with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts