Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any crazy capacity mags out there for the XD? I've decided to use the 40 ported to run open during the next local league, but I need to come up w/ a couple bigly mags so I don't have to reload 2-3 times a stage.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In researching this for a bit at lunch, I've found the Pro-Mag for the XD that you listed and the Mega-Mag for the Beretta that I could modify. I didn't know if there were any 40 cal specific ones. Maybe using one of those and taking the 40 follower out of one of my 10 rd 40 mags and having a couple special springs bent up could give me a reliable mag. Heck while I'm at it, add the Pearce grip extensions. Anybody in for a couple? :)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may just do that.

Heck, I've got the tool shop, anyone got any experience w/ prog die design?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silencers require too much for me to deal w/ in the way of licensing and liability insurance. I've thought about it and right now it's just not in the cards.

·
Registered
182 Posts
aiformula said:
In researching this for a bit at lunch, I've found the Pro-Mag for the XD that you listed and the Mega-Mag for the Beretta that I could modify. I didn't know if there were any 40 cal specific ones. Maybe using one of those and taking the 40 follower out of one of my 10 rd 40 mags and having a couple special springs bent up could give me a reliable mag. Heck while I'm at it, add the Pearce grip extensions. Anybody in for a couple? :)
I'm not sure if you're read the threads, but lots of people use 9mm rounds in 40 mags.... The same can be done in reverse, and worst case you may have to open the feed lips slightly. I don't believe there would be a problem with the 9mm follower.
-hype

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hype,

I just think the 9mm follower being that it's set up w/ a 9mm radius in mind for the last round may not maximize the round count available if I were to use one of these long mags. Either way, I ordered the Mega-Mag since Promag has such a "stellar" reputation for quality.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
aiformula said:
Hype,

I just think the 9mm follower being that it's set up w/ a 9mm radius in mind for the last round may not maximize the round count available if I were to use one of these long mags. Either way, I ordered the Mega-Mag since Promag has such a "stellar" reputation for quality.
Who did you order the Mega-Mag from? (Link)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts