Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks. My friends and I are planning a Texas hog hunting trip in the spring as a bachelor party. ******, I know! We live in Kansas. I will be using a rifle or bow as my primary. I am wanting to carry my XDM with me as well. I don't really plan on shooting hogs with it, being only a 9mm. Is it legal in Texas to carry a pistol without a CCL? I have been trying to do some research on it, but have been coming up with mixed answers, and not much of it is up to date. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Hate to be the first to answer but a hog hunting trip for a bachelor party? Why dont you just rent canoes and listen for banjoes and some toothless guy saying "you have a sweet mouth"! Somehow i remember girls in my bachelor party but eh to each there own.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
On the ranch tou can open or cc, however in town you shouldnt carry at all. We have the Castle Doctrine but not sure as to the application on yankees....LOL couldnt resist.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Bud, I should have clarified. This is Part I of the bachelor party. Part II is the following weekend! It's an easy excuse to get a hog hunt in without the wives nagging at you! But, now that I think about it, after some of the women I've seen at bachelor parties, I could probably classify it as 2 hog hunts....

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Thanks guys! Bud, I should have clarified. This is Part I of the bachelor party. Part II is the following weekend! It's an easy excuse to get a hog hunt in without the wives nagging at you! But, now that I think about it, after some of the women I've seen at bachelor parties, I could probably classify it as 2 hog hunts....
you can say that again:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts