Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy that I shoot IDPA with has a 4" for sale. It has night sights on it with the originals included and several (4-6)10 rd mags which is fine if I'm idpa'in with it. It has been finished with np3 from Robar and he'll throw in a probably illegal comp-tac holster, which is also fine because I'll probably just shoot local matches with it and get a kydex iwb if I ever decide to carry it. Also will need a pistol for my oldest daughter in a couple of years. Don't know anything about the gun other than he bought it for idpa and decided on a sti 9mm for esp class. He's asking $550. Q's Does that sound reasonable and will the finish void the warranty or do you think this is a custom shop deal. Any info would be appreciated. I'll see him at a shoot thurs and get more info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Here is what I'm thinkin. Ive seen the 4" sell new on the net+ship and dealer transfer for $404. Side note: Local shops are at $487. Lets start at $400 and call the mags a wash. Last robar np3 job I saw on a 1911 was over $110 but I expect a slide to be far less and maybe as much as half. Night sights which I can do without(especially the rear) at $60 and up and $50+ for a comp-tac paddle. We are at $560 approx. without shipping and dealer transfer. Didn't seem that bad to me but thats why I wanted to hear from the xd experts.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
How many rounds through it? Did he maintain it well? I would say $500 tops myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some more info tonight at the shoot. The gun has about 750 rds through it. No malfunctions and I don't doubt the seller. He shot 4 matches with it and a little practice no problems. The np3 from robar is a custom job by the seller and has nothing to do with SA. Back to one of my Q's. Do you guys think this will have any effect on the warranty? Thanks for the help. Forgot to add, the night sights are xs. The front sights is a HUGE white dot with tritium center and I can tell you right now I dont like it. Hell the front dot would cover an elephant at 20 yds. Would trade the sights off in a heartbeat if I make a deal.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
500 tops with the robar finish and the mags

·
Registered
182 Posts
which parts have been NP3d? if it is all metal parts on the frame, barrel, internals and slide, that is $150, plus shipping for the "Norton Special" as robar calls it. basically anything metal, they coat. the coating has a lifetime warranty, btw.

I would say for all that it'd be about right. I'd offer him $500 and see what he says. they nogotiate from there.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Gary G23 said:
I would make sure it has a "new style" extractor before I'd pay that much money for one.
um, never knew there was a problem

·
Registered
92 Posts
Around here you can buy a 4" model with 3 mags for $439.

I'd say if you could get it for $500 it would be a good deal. I doubt he could get that trading it in, so he would probably jump on the deal. Explain to him how you don't like the front sight, that might help you out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
synchro said:
which parts have been NP3d? if it is all metal parts on the frame, barrel, internals and slide, that is $150, plus shipping for the "Norton Special" as robar calls it. basically anything metal, they coat. the coating has a lifetime warranty, btw.

I would say for all that it'd be about right. I'd offer him $500 and see what he says. they nogotiate from there.
You are correct sir. All the metal parts. I'll make him an offer and see what happens. Thanks guys for the help. If the deal gets done, does anyone have a need for a set of xs sights?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I bought the gun for $550 but had some other stuff thrown in. It had what turned out to have $100 worth of holsters and mag pouches that I would have bought anyway and the finish is more expensive than I had guessed. Shot about 150 thru it fri night and here is what I think. It will take me a little time to get used to the reset. I short stroked it a few times but the trigger is acceptable. The mag release button is a little on the wimpy side and is a bitch to push if a loaded mag is in the gun. It is fine at slide lock but it could be a little bigger and easier to hit. Any aftermarket help here? I don't know about the xs sights, but they were easy to pick up in low light and follow through recoil. At 15yds it grouped pretty good offhand slowfire, but I'll admit, slowfire with these sights is kind of a guessing game for me. For the xs, the jury is still out. The only other whine is the cuts on the slide, front and rear, are a little shallow or dull. I would like to see something a little more substantial to grip for racking the slide. Reloads and the slide release were easy and it ran some s-b and wwb without any probs. I can't wait to get some distance to check out the accuracy but will probably shoot it in a local match this week if I get some time to play with the controls. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts