Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 USC 253: Interference with State and Federal law
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section253&num=0&edition=prelim

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it-
(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.

18 USC 2383: Rebellion or insurrection
https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title18-section2383&num=0&edition=prelim

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is interesting also.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This is interesting also.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Interesting also

·
Registered
308 Posts
And this:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
And this:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
speaking to what? Rioters are not included in any that quote either. One could say it traces back to the source of the protests, but no one believes any of what is happening now is based on that.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hahaha.. all of that is just a fairy tale. All those “laws” and ”rights” have been violated over the decades to the point that the constitution and the bill or rights are completely meaningless.

·
Registered
774 Posts
...the constitution and the bill or rights are completely meaningless.
I understand the point you're making, but I would counter that they aren't "completely meaningless", they're just not followed very closely and/or are ignored when they are inconvenient to whoever is in charge/has authority.

Subtle but important difference.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Trump tweeted last night (saw it on FOX News this morning that over a hundred people had been arrested for violated laws about damaging/defiling federal government property (like the courthouse in Seattle) and when they were tried (if convicted) the sentence would be 10 years in a federal prison. Hope it starts soon.

·
Registered
18,757 Posts
Trump tweeted last night (saw it on FOX News this morning that over a hundred people had been arrested for violated laws about damaging/defiling federal government property (like the courthouse in Seattle) and when they were tried (if convicted) the sentence would be 10 years in a federal prison. Hope it starts soon.
That's the only thing that stops disasters like Portland, federal charges, federal prosecutions, and long prison terms. If I were Trump I'd come right out and say it, if the 12 year old mayor of Portland and the rest of the dems want their city to burn then burn away. People who didn't want their city burned should learn next time they vote. BUT, you go after a federal courthouse and we will arrest and prosecute you to the fullest extent possible.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
That's the only thing that stops disasters like Portland, federal charges, federal prosecutions, and long prison terms. If I were Trump I'd come right out and say it, if the 12 year old mayor of Portland and the rest of the dems want their city to burn then burn away. People who didn't want their city burned should learn next time they vote. BUT, you go after a federal courthouse and we will arrest and prosecute you to the fullest extent possible.
While I agree with you on most of this, except the voting part.

One of my neighbors has a reelect shaquita talieb in his front yard today.
I called and asked if he reported the vandalism to his beautiful yard, he got mad.
He is supposedly pro gun, anti illegal foreigner and most other things talieb is NOT, but convincing a brainwashed dumbocrat to pull their head from the sand and vote out problem politicians is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
774 Posts
While I agree with you on most of this, except the voting part.

One of my neighbors has a reelect shaquita talieb in his front yard today.
I called and asked if he reported the vandalism to his beautiful yard, he got mad.
He is supposedly pro gun, anti illegal foreigner and most other things talieb is NOT, but convincing a brainwashed dumbocrat to pull their head from the sand and vote out problem politicians is nearly impossible.
Do you mean "Rashida Tlaib"? I see that she just refused to endorse Biden, so there's that...

Are you friends/friendly with your neighbor? Maybe engage him in a conversation as to why she's getting his vote. I know, actually talking to people is so 90s, but it might lead to a better understanding between you two - after all, you do have to live next to/near each other. Maybe you can switch him over (or he might swing you, but probably not), but dialog, as long as you both listen and are respectful, is usually not a bad thing.

Just my $0.022 worth.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Do you mean "Rashida Tlaib"? I see that she just refused to endorse Biden, so there's that...

Are you friends/friendly with your neighbor? Maybe engage him in a conversation as to why she's getting his vote. I know, actually talking to people is so 90s, but it might lead to a better understanding between you two - after all, you do have to live next to/near each other. Maybe you can switch him over (or he might swing you, but probably not), but dialog, as long as you both listen and are respectful, is usually not a bad thing.

Just my $0.022 worth.
Yes that is the one.
I talk to him face to face fairly often. He claims she is NOT antigun, I had to laugh.
I just printed her voting record since she has been in congress and from when she was a state rep. She is very antigun.
She is currently supporting the blm nonsense (pandering for votes) which I know my neighbor is against.
He lives several houses down the block so we aren't best friends, but I was shocked to see he is supporting her.
I plan on giving him her voting record this evening and letting him see it in black and white.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The results of yesterdays primary election are in. For the 13th congressional district, there were 96232 votes for two democrats talieb got 63650 or 66%. On the other side there were 12674 votes for 3 republicans the winner had 6077 votes or 44%. As shown by the numbers, there is zero chance of a human winning in this area of the state.

As I said this area is contaminated with dumbocrats, they have their heads in the sand as is shown by the votes.

Last week the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives passed its version of the 2021 national defense budget, which includes a Gun Confiscation Order (GCO) that applies to military members. Thank you dumbocrats for screwing over military personal. Yes talieb voted in favor of this as well which is reason 38,928,610,353 why I despise her..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Introduced this week by a Dumbocrat in the State House of MI.
Unfreakingbelieveable!

Give undocumented aliens state coronavirus ‘hardship’ grants — House Bill 6002

Introduced by Rep. Alex Garza (D) on July 23, 2020
To give state grants of up to $500 to “undocumented individuals” 18 and above who are not eligible for federal coronavirus benefits and assert experiencing “hardship” due to the disease, with a maximum of $1,000 per household. The bill does not specify which state tax would provide funds to pay these payments. Official Text and Analysis.
View House Bill 6002

If the links in the text aren't working, look here.
Give undocumented aliens state coronavirus ‘hardship’ grants — House Bill 6002

1 - 14 of 14 Posts