Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Actually the HS2000, but you get the picture!
I have a friend who, after all the stuff happening in New Orleans, decided that in south Florida, everyone should own at least one gun.
He was set upon a shot gun for his first purchase and I steered him toward the Mossberg Mariner. He bought that and the very next weekend he and his girlfriend went to take their concealed weapons permit test.
While he is waiting on the permit to arrive, he now wants to buy a couple guns.

Fun and carry are his goals. For a good fun gun and possible carry (he is a big dude and could get away with hiding an XD subby.) I recommended the XD line.

He got a chance to shoot a Para C7-45LDA, Springfield Mil-Spec, Springfield WWII, HS2000 gen 1, Kel-TEc P32, S&W Model 66 and 27, Colt Python, Walther P22, H&K USP 40, M4gery, and of course his new Mossy!
Since this was his first range session, we worked on personal form, function of the guns, what to look for in comfort and ergonomics, and breathing techniques. He enjoyed the heck out of himself and will certainly be a firearms enthusiast from now on!

He really liked the Para and the HS. He does not want to spend a lot for his first gun, so the XD it is!

I'll keep ya'll posted on where he ends up.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats. Pimp XDTalk...

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Shooters are just plain good folks :D ! Good job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey So Flo, It's always good to hear that the HS/XD is deffinately making an impact on people's decision making.

Today a friend of mine purchased his first XD (40 S&W service) from just hearing me talk so much about my XD's. Of course the gun itself was what really did it for him.

Unfortunately he was not able to bring it home although he had his CCW.
When the salesperson called in his CCW # he said the "system was down nation wide" :? Of course after ringing up the sale and taking his money. So he has to wait till tomorrow to pick it up :cry:

I told him to hit up the forum cuz it's the next best thing to owning an XD.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good job So Flo! I'm sold on the XD, but can ya talk to my wife? Says we need to "wait a few months". Hard to argue when I just ordered a couple M1 Garands a couple weeks ago. I tried explaining I couldn't carry them concealled, but she wasn't hearing it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
AZRaptor said:
Good job So Flo! I'm sold on the XD, but can ya talk to my wife? Says we need to "wait a few months". Hard to argue when I just ordered a couple M1 Garands a couple weeks ago. I tried explaining I couldn't carry them concealled, but she wasn't hearing it. :)
Tell her its her B-Day present. That worked for my brother twice till she figured it out, and she still has "her" 30-06. :shock:

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BenTactical! Where ya been, brother! I see from your post you still have your XD. Drop me a line the next time you are headed to the range, maybe we can meet up again.

AZRaptor, Youre on your own for that one, my friend! Two M1's? You are doing ok...I know the wait will be painful, but I suspect you'll find a way through it! :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
I work in law enforcement and an older guy i work with just got back into law enforcement and was talking about going get him a glock 22. I told him to hold on. I told him about my gun, SA XD 40, service model. I let him hold my gun.....yes, just hold it, and he was amazed at how good it felt in his hands. I have let him shoot it and now he is going get him one. once again turned someone towards the right decision

·
Registered
173 Posts
So Flo said:
AZRaptor, Youre on your own for that one, my friend! Two M1's? You are doing ok...I know the wait will be painful, but I suspect you'll find a way through it! :p
Yeah, I'd be doing alot better if the M1's would get here. Heck the time its gonna take to clean off all the cosmo will probably past most of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts