Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some extensive fondling of one of these at a Cabela's, man that is one sweet 1911. It's supposed to be very true to a factory new 1911 circa 1918. The fit, quality of the components, feel, finish, are all gorgeous. Cabela's had it for $1,700 but I'm sure they'll run for less online.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I need to get over there again and look at some of the used 22's without the Mrs bugging me ;) I'll stop by the pistol counter too just because you said to, snap.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to get over there again and look at some of the used 22's without the Mrs bugging me ;) I'll stop by the pistol counter too just because you said to, snap.
It's one of my routine "do you have any powder" stops, of course I have to look at the gun counter when I'm there.

·
Administrator
22,368 Posts
I would rather buy the real thing for a few hundred bucks more.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am finding myself really wanting a 1911 lately and you guys aren't helping.
You're in danger of leaving the collective. Let the de-Borging begin.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
At this point I just want one because of the history of the gun. And well, they are pretty cool looking too. lol

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A real WWI/II era 1911
If you spot one in that condition let me know so I can buy it. Plus the Turnbul is an exact replica from 1918, no knock on the WW2 vintage stuff but the Turnbul has advantages.

Reactions: ArmyGuy45

·
Administrator
22,368 Posts
If you spot one in that condition let me know so I can buy it. Plus the Turnbul is an exact replica from 1918, no knock on the WW2 vintage stuff but the Turnbul has advantages.
It will be rare to find a new one from that era but I would rather have the real thing for that kind of money. The 1911s back then had problems with anything other than ball ammo. So for 2k ill get a modern one that can handle more than one type of ammo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Classic and durable. Love the 1911.

The selection choices blow my mind. You can find one in any flavor you want now.

Anybody a fan of the double stacked 1911? I have not gotten to try one out.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
went. felt. in love.

wow. just wow.
isn't it beeetchin! Oozes quality and feels like the old classic high end guns feel and I love the blueing. I went by earlier looking for powder (no luck) and drooled on the counter again.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
They had some reloader 7, 10, and 15 when I was there. DIdn't pick the can of RX15 up as it was $31 and our LGS had it for $29... picked up a little more 22. Found some steel 7.62x54R that I'll shoot eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Anybody a fan of the double stacked 1911? I have not gotten to try one out.
Yes, I've got the RIA Tac 2011 hi cap. It's a hoot to shoot. Damn accurate, reliable, and I doubt you'd find any 1911 fit as well as this one within the same price range. The only problem with it is with 14rd mags, you burn through a lot of ammo in a very short time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts