Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Which would you choose and why?
Well, I have the M2, and it works wonderfully. It has an on-off switch on the cord, something earlier models did not have.

What I've seen on the Dillon is that it's much more expensive. I can't imagine what it does that makes it worth more than the Hornady. The M2 is $69.99 at Midway; from what I've seen, the Dillon goes for around $119.99.

If I were buying again, I'd get the M2 again. I wouldn't even consider the Dillon.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Neither.

Go to your local Harbor Freight hardware store and get a 5 lbs. rock tumbler + the extended warranty (just to be safe) for under $50. I believe the manufacturer is called Chicago Power or something like that.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Neither.

Go to your local Harbor Freight hardware store and get a 5 lbs. rock tumbler + the extended warranty (just to be safe) for under $50. I believe the manufacturer is called Chicago Power or something like that.
Paid $32 otd for mine at harbor freight. Not a bad deal. I run it non stop.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I got the Frankford Armory kit from Midway, works great.Comes with separator, polish, and corn media. Worth a look.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My choice would be neither.

The Dillon 750 is huge. Although I shoot a lot I found that 750 was just too big. However the Dillon 500 which is what I'm currently using works just fine. Granted the Dillon is well over $100 and it doesn't have the Dillon no BS warranty. However I'd rather support a company and guy like Mike Dillon than send my 2nd Amendment related money direct to somewhere where the people have no gun rights.

If you don't care where your money goes and want to help Chinas' sagging economy, take a look at this one from Harbor Freight. Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the small Dillon case cleaner; a friend has the large version; I know both well.

What do you get in the Dillon vs anyone else? The Dillon is tough; very heavy duty in all respects. Thicker bowl, heavier base, better motor. I've had mine for almost 20 years; it runs and runs and runs. I know of folks with other brands who have had overheating problems, cracked bowls, collapsed springs or worn out attachment points. I've never had a problem with the Dillon. YMMV; but you get what you pay for!

Mike Dillon is a great guy; a true Patriot. The Dillon staff, hands down, bar none, the most knowledgeable, and helpful of any.

·
Premium Member
127,789 Posts
I have the Dillon 500 and love it, but all my reloading equipment is Dillon.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the small Dillon case cleaner; a friend has the large version; I know both well.

What do you get in the Dillon vs anyone else? The Dillon is tough; very heavy duty in all respects. Thicker bowl, heavier base, better motor. I've had mine for almost 20 years; it runs and runs and runs. I know of folks with other brands who have had overheating problems, cracked bowls, collapsed springs or worn out attachment points. I've never had a problem with the Dillon. YMMV; but you get what you pay for!

Mike Dillon is a great guy; a true Patriot. The Dillon staff, hands down, bar none, the most knowledgeable, and helpful of any.
Thanks this is the kind of information I'm looking for. I want a quality product, but I see no reason to pay more for something that has a name on it. If the Dillon tumbler is better - well my whole premise is I want to buy all this stuff once and then have my son have to figure out how to get rid of it when I'm gone.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Everyone, Rusty is 70 years old and weighs 460 pounds.

He chain smokes Camel unfiltered and drinks a fifth of scotch to wash down his daily ration of 10 Big Macs.

He could use an old shake 'n bake bag and some marbles to clean his brass and STILL have something to hand down to his son (who is 50 and weighs 390 pounds and wears women's clothing) because he is nearly at death's door.

Maybe I've said too much.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone, Rusty is 70 years old and weighs 460 pounds.

He chain smokes Camel unfiltered and drinks a fifth of scotch to wash down his daily ration of 10 Big Macs.

He could use an old shake 'n bake bag and some marbles to clean his brass and STILL have something to hand down to his son (who is 50 and weighs 390 pounds and wears women's clothing) because he is nearly at death's door.

Maybe I've said too much.
While every thing you've said about me is true, we both know my son is only three and already smarter than you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Neither.

Is this what you are referring to?
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Looks like it's $55. Was there a recent sale on it?

I'm debating between this one and the M2.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I got the Lyman Autoflow 1200 for Christmas. It is nice because once the cases are clean you can pull a plug out of the side so the media can pour into a provided pan. I have already cleaned 2600 pieces of 45 and ran it non stop for three days. I like it, maybe you should give it a look.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts