Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am new here to the XD community, and i bought a brand new XD-45 full size. I have tried a few different types of ammo in it to include Independence 230g FMJ (Little dirty but shot great) and Federal Hi-Shok JHP. i saw that Tulammo at Walmart for 15 bucks. have you guys had any issues with it in your XD's?:confused:

·
Registered
608 Posts
+1.. my walmart also started stocking this for 40 S&W at the unheard of price.. $12.98!!!!!! i buy whatever they have in stock :p

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome i have not heard of them. all i know is that its steel casing, made in russia, and dirty. i dont mind cleaning my weapon because i have done plenty of it so now its just routine. thanks

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Welcome David.

That tula ammo + steel cased question is asked about every other week. You can find many discussions on this in "The Ammo Can" section.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for the info. turns out its good practice ammo, but not as good for home defense. exactly what i was going to use it for.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I shoot the heck out of it and love it! Its pretty accurate too.

·
Premium Member
23,668 Posts
hello there never used that brans sorry

·
Registered
413 Posts
I am going to buy some and try it out, I asked my range and they said that they do not care what ammo you use and it is cheaper than WWB.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have heard some people say they can shoot it without any problems, others say have said it doesn't work in there guns. It is priced good so it wouldnt hurt to give it a try.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Have shot hundreds of rounds of it from my XD. No FTanything. Extra dirty, but good to go.

But my Beretta....hates it.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Yup, it's dirty but still gtg...:)

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
I didn't notice it being anymore dirty than wwb. I shoot it in my 1911 because where else can you buy .45 for $14 a box. And for ammo for the xd I have shot 3,000 rounds out of my xd9 any kind of ammo you can think of and havent had a single malfunction yet...the beauty of an xd, it eats anything. As far as defense ammo you need a jhp I carry hornady critical defense. A dollar a round but you get what you pay for

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I've never used the tul, but next time I have spendable cash I will get as much as I can. $12 ain't a bad deal.

I carry winchester pdx1. They had a ton of 45 at walmart last time I was there. $22 or so.

My xdsc has never had an issue with any type of ammo. I'm just under 2000 rnds.

Welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Sorry I can't help......I roll my own! Welcome to the forum from Northern California!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts