Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shoot tulammo ? I saw them at walmart good price 12.95 for 40 s & w but when it said steel case thought I would wait and get some info here first. ( learn from the mistakes of others you can't live long enough to make them all yourself )

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
I tried it once and didn't like it. Too many malfunctions.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its low powered cheap ammo. If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't, you just gotta find out what your gun will take. I do get the occasional primer that refuses to ignite. But overall my AR and all my pistols seem to like it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its low powered cheap ammo. If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't, you just gotta find out what your gun will take. I do get the occasional primer that refuses to ignite. But overall my AR and all my pistols seem to like it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not a fan. in a full mag i get a lot of feeding errors. i think its the rough finish on the case that prevents it from freely feeding. im using 9mm btw. id assume 40sw would be the same

·
Registered
921 Posts
The steel cases are a mild steel. They are FAR softer than the steel in your firearms, it aint gonna hurt anything.

It can feed/extraction issues because, unlike brass, the cases to do expand when fired. This allows a lot of junk to be blown into the chamber between case and chamber wall. If this is allowed to build up you can start to have issues. The lack of case expansion is also why steel is "dirtier" than brass. Its not that it has more dirt than brass, its that is allows more of it to reamain, rather than going down the barrel.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cheap Ammo from Mother Russia- Everybox i get atleast 1 dud and it's very dirty. for $8 something a box its worth it for plinking but thats all.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I put 100 through my 40sc acouple weeks ago. Everyone fired. Not to accurate @ 10yds. Ill stick to umc, fed or wwb.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I use it in my AR for plinking. I don't shoot in my .40 because I only buy ammo that has brass worth reloading. Being that tulammo doesn't have brass at all, it is of little use to me in handgun calibers.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
8-10 boxes run and only one box had any fail to feeds. Everything went bang. No dirtier than any other ammo, cleaner than some. While I wouldn't trust my life to it, certainly good enough for plinking where you can't easily pic up brass. The one box may have been extra dirty as they felt gritty.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I used it with no issues. I don't see it being any more dirty than WWB or remington green box. I shoot it out of many of my pistols and rifles.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Not the most accurate, but it ran fine in my Glock.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I use it in .223, 9, and .40. Get a bad primer everynow and again like 1 in 3 boxes. It's always been the 9mm too. For the price tho it's hard to beat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have used it the last few range times as it was cheap at walmart, and all they had. I have shot about 200 rounds and my buddy had abut 150. No problems at all in 40...he has the xd40 service and neither of us had any issues.

Personally I like to clean my gun so its not a problem for me!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Absolute garbage.
Steel cases that wear out your gun, mal-formed bullets that wonder all over the target, poor manufacture that lets the bullet occasionally get stuffed into the case when it chambers, lousy primers that occasionally dont go off, squibs, late charges....you name it.

Its cheap for a reason...and even the price they charge is too much.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Just repeating what other say bdavison? I have 3 ARs that feed wolf with no problems, it's accurate enough for what I use it. Been shooting wolf, pistol and rifle ammo for years with no squibs, no misfires, no stuck cases.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just repeating what other say bdavison? I have 3 ARs that feed wolf with no problems, it's accurate enough for what I use it. Been shooting wolf, pistol and rifle ammo for years with no squibs, no misfires, no stuck cases.

No, I bought a case of the 9mm crap a while back and had so many issues with it I wanted to mail it back to russia with a demand for a refund. It kept giving me a funky group, which I knew wasnt me....I started pulling random rounds out of the chamber to check them, and found that it was shoving the bullet back into the case. Had two squibs out of 135 rounds.. one of which lodged a bullet in the last inch of the barrel. One of my friends destroyed his 9mm when it bulged the barrel during a rapid fire. Not sure if it was a overpressure or a squib, but Im guessing squib. That was the last straw. Ill never use that crap again.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts