Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the "right" place.

So I am finally moving back home to the west and after almost 30 years of not being able to own a handgun, I'm going to celebrate my move by purchasing an XDm 9mm 3.8 compact as soon as I pickup my AZ driver's license - maybe even this week.

I don't need to go nuts finding the best price, husband says it's a gift, so don't sweat the price. Nice guy.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find one? Yes, I can certainly call around, so ideas about which shops to start with would be fine.

Thanks for any and all advice!

JT

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Depends where you are in Tucson of course. In the NW you could try Sportsman's Warehouse, they have a lot of XD's and XDm's. Prices are maybe a little higher than you might find elsewhere. Lots of small pawn/gun shops have new stock. Also, 2nd Amendment Sports, Diamondback and Tucson Guns on the East side. Just a few off the top of my head.

This is also gun show season, there seems to be one almost every weekend either at the fairgrounds or expo center. Google it and good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great- huge help, I have to go to a meeting on the NW end of town later this week, will start with Sportsman's Warehouse.

Thanks!

JT

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Call them see w if they have some in stock

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
I have found that Murphy`s gunshop @ 3235 n. Countryclub
Always has XD`s in stock
Not to mention a boatload of 1911`s
One of the largest gun shops in Tucson , don't try to hagle with them though. Thick skin might be needed as well.

Or diamondback police supply
@ 170 s. Kolb usually has a bunch as well.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my CrackBerry using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick follow-up:

Had a great experience at Diamondback -- Wade and Michael were both professional and really spent some serious time with the two of us.

Had an interesting discussion regarding the 9mm 4.5 instead of the 3.8 since this won't be a CCW weapon. I might go that way. I definitely preferred the XDm to the S&W M P, so I will definitely be going XDm.

I think I'll chew on this a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks!

JT

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Congrats

Mike makes it tough on me.
Always shows me another I want to buy.

Just be sure to still get your CCW even though it now not required.

It is impossible to drive through town without breaking the 1000f GFSZ without it. Not to mention all the other places like parks ect.

No need to put yourself in Federal violation unknowingly.

Be sure to pick up a copy of AZ gun laws ( in plain English ) while you are there.
By. *** Bloomfield Press ***

Sent from my CrackBerry using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will definitely do the CCW training at the very least. I'm a serious handgun newbie and I have enough respect for the power of the weapon, nor to mention the rules that I want to do this the right way.

Reminds me if when I learned to ride a motorcycle (at the age of 44 and in the BRONX no less). I was frankly pretty scared of the thing until I got some good lessons and rode enough to have some confidence in my skills.

Besides, I have to live alone for the next 7 months - might be nice to treat myself to some range time on the weekends...

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can always try backpage online. It is like craigs list. I have had some real good luck there. That is only if you dont have a problem with used. Other than that you have already been given the best places in the earlier posts. Common out to Pima Pistol or the Three Points ranges and shoot some USPSA, IDPA matches. Welcome back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts