Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a new member and first time poster, who has been reading the forum for several months. I have owned an XD45c for about 6 months, and obtained my CP this year as well. I am thrilled with the XD45c, love how it shoots, the size, etc.

I did a lot of research before purchasing a Comp-Tac MTAC as a tuckable holster. I originally bought it for a Kel-Tec P11, which I sold when I got the XD45c, and bought a new kydex insert for the XD.

I am 5'8", 190 lbs. (needing to lose ~~15-20 :confused:). However, I am not thrilled with the holster. I find it very well made, but it's not very comfortable, and the bottoms of the clips print a lot. I usually carry at about 8:30, strong side (I'm a lefty :cool:)

I'm thinking about selling it and getting a different IWB/tuckable holster. I've read several threads about different IWBs, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts about the following tuckables:

Crossbreed Supertuck
Bluegrass Holsters IWB/Tuckable
DM Bullard Dual Carry
any other IWB
any other tuckable

I'm tending away from a kydex, in favor of a full leather holster with a reinforced mouth, but am open to thoughts on the merits of kydex vs. leather.

Also, I'd appreciate your thoughts on clips vs. snaps/belt loops. I can't carry at work, and want to be able to leave the holster & xd in the car, and be able to get it on fairly easily/discreetly (I know I'm asking a lot on this one, but thought I'd throw it out there).

This is a great forum, with really knowledgable members. I'm very appreciative of any thoughts you might have.

SolXD45

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Sol-

You will get a host of feedback on every band out there. Every one of the recommendations will be valid...however, only you can make the call.

In the meantime, I would recommend the Uncle Mike's simple IWB soft holster for $15. This might do the trick...or worst case scenario keep you in business while you await on one of the other brands...wait times can be up to 2 years for custom holsters.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Crossbreed supertuck.... in my opinion fits the best, excellent support and hand made.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have purchase both an Uncle Mikes #16 and a supertuck in the last week. The uncle mikes is a big, uncomfortable bulge in my waistband. I am glad that I only spent $12 out the door! I may use it on occasion, but it really doesn't make me happy.

The super tuck doesn't feel like a firearm at all. Extremely comfortable and the first holster I have ever tried that felt comfortable in this mode of carry. I will be able to carry my full sized 45 XD without feeling like I am printing all the time.

I am what you would call a "big dude"! I am 6'2" and over 300 with a 56" chest.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Crossbreed supertuck.... in my opinion fits the best, excellent support and hand made.
I can second Reno82 on the Crossbreed supertuck. I have been carrying a XD45 Service Model for about a year in this holster and I find it very comfortable to wear at anywhere from the 3:00 to 5:00 position.

Good luck with your search for a new holster!

·
Registered
244 Posts
While there are no doubt many very well made holsters available, I recently went ahead and purchased a Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD45c. It took me a few tries at finding the most comfortable position to carry and proper cant adjustment to avoid printing, but now it is quite nice to wear. I would definitely give a +1 to this holster - and they are a board sponsor as well.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
as an additional curiosity guys, anyone know what the average turnaround time is for getting a super tuck from crossbreed?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Gunworks are excellent holsters and very comfortable to wear...Larry's is also great to deal with.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can attest to the Supertuck. It's awesome.

I ordered one, a buddy tried it out, and in turn he ordered one for his .40 XD very shortly afterward.

I'm looking at getting a Don Hume Double 9 OT OWB holster for Christmas. However, just for carry in the apartment.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
About 1 week for me. I was surprised it showed up so quick.
wow that's really good especially since on the website they say at least 2 weeks, but works for me.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
impressive turn-around...it'll be my next internet purchase.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I voter here for a galco skyops. Tuckable without those ginormous hooks on a supertuck. Single arm with a 3 fingered C hook, Ambi, and leather. I use it quite often, especially at church. Zero printing with the right shirt. Also recommending an Aker black leather reinforced 1.5" belt for it. your XD45c is a heavier piece than my XD9 even with the 10rd mag and you'll find the reinforced belt a better carrier.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I just ordered my Supertuck also. Cant wait to try it out. Oh, and welcome to the forum from....the same place you are....:razz:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sol-

You will get a host of feedback on every band out there. Every one of the recommendations will be valid...however, only you can make the call.

In the meantime, I would recommend the Uncle Mike's simple IWB soft holster for $15. This might do the trick...or worst case scenario keep you in business while you await on one of the other brands...wait times can be up to 2 years for custom holsters.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the recommendation on the Uncle Mike's for the time being. I failed to mention that I also have a Don Hume JIT that I use under a sweater or jacket - it's not an IWB, but gets me by for now.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their input - it's good to hear everyone's experiences & thoughts with different setups. Has anyone had experiernce with Bluegrass's IWB?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts