Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone explain what "tuckable" means in terms of holsters, i know its a dumb question but i can tuck im by shirt with any holster so thats why im confused?

·
Registered
42 Posts
A tuckable holster is a term that is used for IWB (in waist band) holsters. If you have a normal IWB holster you can't tuck your shirt in and conceal the gun with the same shirt.

I will post some pics of mine for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is it in the waist band:

This is showing the split where you tuck your shirt into that hides the gun:

This is it tucked in:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Fist makes some great stuff, but thats not one of them. A compliment none the less....:D
The holster is one of my designs, a Pro Tuckable. They work very well for people wanting easy on and off.......
Thanks Tminer............Shoot well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love it. It is a HBE leatherworks tuckable pro. www.hbeleatherworks.com

I have a raftersgunleather OWB. I find myself using the IWB to conceal most of the time. When conceal is not the big of a deal I use the rafters. I must say that conceal is about 99.9 % of what I do.

Eric your welcome. If I find something that works well I share the knowledge.

Tim

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok conitinuing with the dumb questions, just because its a "tuckable" holster does that mean it should always be worn tucked in, or is it just as sturdy not tucked??

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
thirdtimesthecharm said:
ok conitinuing with the dumb questions, just because its a "tuckable" holster does that mean it should always be worn tucked in, or is it just as sturdy not tucked??
A quality tuckable holster will be just as secure tucked or not.

bd

·
Registered
42 Posts
bd is right. The shirt doesn't have to be tucked. The holster is an IWB which must be worn on the inside of the belt. You don't have to wear it on the inside of the pants just on the inside of the belt.

Tm

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its very true.......Tuckables can be worn tucked or just IWB if they are done correctly.......IWB's can be worn as the name implies.
You can tuck them in for deeper concealment or just wear them as std. IWB's.
Shoot well.........

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Is that also an HBE belt?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Heavy duty looking belt. I like it. Thanks. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts