Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piked up a 26" bike tube, cut a piece to size and painfully stretched it across the handle. It was worth it! As a person with sweaty palms, my little subby is even more apart of my hand now. I know this is an old topic, but lots of new members would not know to even look for this. Thanks to whoever came up with this idea! :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
No offense, but that sounds like a ******* special! Do you have any pictures of the finished product?

-James

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice. I had an old 26" tube laying around the place so I cut it and slipped it on. 5 minutes and yer done!!! Great idea! Thanks.

The Asian *******-

·
Registered
285 Posts
How did you handle your grip safety? Is it compressed under the innertube?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think You could cut out the tube so that it does depress the grip safety. One of my favorite features of the XD is the grip safety. It saved me from a ND a while back and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If one of you guys will send me one (pre-cut, ready to install), I'd be happy to trade something for it. I have no time to go out looking for a bicycle tube. I got a couple of different mag loaders that haven't been out of their plastic wrapper. Don't need.

Message me or post. Thanks. I want one!! :)

Oh yeah, I have an XD40 Service.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Man, that is a great idea! I never caght the post that discussed it. Does it catch on your clothes? First impression is that like it would not be a good idea for cc, but it would be great for stompin around in the woods!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was looking for a grip solution for my Kel-Tec 380 a while back. It has light grey grips, and is butt ugly anyway so I was looking for anything that would work well. At Walmart I found a tubular tennis racket replacement grip. It worked pretty well, until I saw a package deal on Ebay that included a Magazine, Mag Extension and Hogue Grips for it.

I'd bet that someone makes a replacement Tennis Racket Grip that would be perfect for the XD, as far as color, comfort, and ability to be fitted properly.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I WANT ONE!!! And I shall not be denied.

Come on guys. Consider this a mercy call. You want me to go steal some poor kids bike tire? I'm thinkin' seriously here.

·
Registered
323 Posts
xdfreak said:
Just installed mine today; very easy and feels good; now if someone knows how to eliminate the smell!!!!!!!
Pew wee!!!! You're telling me! Sucka's funky.

But I love how the grip only adds less than a millimeter of thickness. A Hogue grip would'be been too thick for my hands.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You should wash the tube really well with soap and water to get rid of that Tube Funk ;-), before you install it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been thinking about using this method for a hand grip. I use the Hogue Handall, it works okay, I like the finger grooves, but the Hogue slides all over the place, I was going to try to put a small piece of grip tape or maybe some two sided...but what a pain in the butt to try to get the Handall over all that junk.
Besides, whoever posted that pic of the inner tube...I really like the streamline look. Guess I won't be the only one stealing some kids bike tire tomorrow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
it works great on mag lights also,

those metal tubes get slippery , even if they are knurled.

some guys include the valve stem,
to prohibit the light from rolling,
when you set it down on a flat or semi flat surface
i.e. : a car roof, car hood or trunk
try it on your flash light

·
Registered
513 Posts
Flashlight? I like that idea, keep them coming. Kraigster just break down and go to wally world get the large bike tube, I used the samll one for my kel tec. Besides you will have fun putting it on and hand fitting it to your needs. Sure, we could cut one and send it to you but where is all the fun in that.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
BigBob68 said:
Flashlight? I like that idea, keep them coming. Kraigster just break down and go to wally world get the large bike tube, I used the samll one for my kel tec. Besides you will have fun putting it on and hand fitting it to your needs. Sure, we could cut one and send it to you but where is all the fun in that.
Bob, you're talkin' to a guy who is severely tool challenged. My tool kit at home consists of a butter knife and the Yellow Pages. If I can't fix it with the butter knife, I grab the Yellow Pages. Cut it myself? What are you nuts! I could sever a finger, worse a hand. :lol:

But yes, I may do just that because I have other guns that would benefit from a "tubeectomy." Now, no more advice ok? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts