1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
29,897 Posts
Saw this article on TTAG today: Springfield Teases the HS Produkt VHS Rifle (Apparently) - The Truth About Guns

The VHS and VHS-2 are 5.56 Bullpups made by the makers of the XD lines and the Hellcat. It would be interesting to see if Springfield will be importing it and what it would look like given the Federal laws regarding the importation of Assault Rifles.
They’ll get around it the same way Steyr gets around importing the AUG; have just enough US made parts to satisfy 922r.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Watching the TFB Tv video on it. I seem to remember on here a few years back someone posted about Springfield filing trademarks for the names 'Hellcat' and 'Hellion'. Well, the Hellcat came out. So I guess it was only a matter of time.

From what I've seen so far in this video: looks okay. Rail section/handguard looks extremely plasticky. Trigger looks like poo (it's a bullpup, though, so goes without saying). Bolt release looks kinda janky and the manual of arms of its operation looks kinda dumb. Adjustable stock/LOP on a bullpup is a welcome cool feature.

I don't think it's on my wishlist anywhere near the top ten, but if I ever get the opportunity to run one at the range, I'll gladly let my mind be swayed, if it can pull it off. It might be one to watch in the future.

·
Administrator
22,473 Posts
Are we sure it’s not made by Keltec? It looks to be almost 100 percent plastic exterior.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Videos are up on YouTube. Sootch00 and The Firearms guy. Pretty ugly rifle, to me anyway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad it is closer to the VHS-2 than VHS... in terms of plastic finish and the exterior, the Tavor, Keltec's, and most other modern bullpups are plastics fantastics, which personally does not bug me. I like the look better than the Tavor or Keltec RDB. Functionally (which at the end of the day should probably be what counts in a rifle) it looks easier to use than a Tavor too.

Price is too high for me... $1000-$1300 I would definitely consider, or if they had one chambered in 300 BLK I'd pay $1500-$1800, but for $2K, I'm sticking with the AR15 (pretty easier to get/build two great ones for $2400).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MSRP is $2k.

For the money—get an AUG.
It's your personal preference, but I'm not too into the AUG myself... I'd get a Tavor before an AUG.

The Israelis seem to make good stuff.

·
Registered
20,001 Posts
I saw the $2k number and was hoping it wasn't actually that. That strikes me as 50% high

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw the $2k number and was hoping it wasn't actually that. That strikes me as 50% high
I don't see it going below $1500.00 at a retailer, but then again I got a great deal on my 1911 at the market low...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts