Springfield XD Forum banner

Trying to find Saiga...suggestions?

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Neoprofin 
#1 ·
Guys, I've been looking for a Saiga 7.62x39 20" barrel for a while now. I'm KICKING myself for not picking one up a few months ago when I found them locally for $325.

Now I can't even find one. The ones on Gunbroker are nearing $600-$800...crazy. There is actually one used at a gun store less that 2 miles from my house. Price: $500.

If anyone has any idea where to find one at a good price (even if I'll have to wait for a new shipment if they are out) , I'm open to hear where you might have gotten yours or seen a fair price. Btw, what is a fair price for one of these right now?

Thanks guys

#2 ·
call Shooters in Jacksonville, FL they had about 4 a few weeks ago for 399 each. im pretty sure they will ship since ive seen some of there guns on gun broker. iirc they had a few 7,62, a few 5,56, and some shot gun versions. the rifles where the carbines i beleve and they wanted 399 each for them.

#5 ·
atlantic had them shown as in stock. well i should say they didnt have the $0 next to them like lots of other units.

call to make sure its in stock before you order with credit card, atlantic does all web orders, no phone. You call to make sure its in stock, then you do the order yourself.

Russian Saiga AK 47 Rifle IZ 132

you can still kick yourself, the week before the election centerfire systems had them for $289.

but after you kick yourself, pat your self on the back for coming to xdtalk and no buying off gunbroker.

now you can afford 2 for the price of a gunbroker going rate unit.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Blefferd,

Thank you SO much for that lead...I'm picking one up from them for $359...still a darn good price for what I've seen around my neck of the woods.

Ak 47man.com is actually about 10 miles from me. It is a great family owned shop...very friendly people. They do have saigas...but again, the prices in my area are pretty inflated. There is nothing that can even touch $359 around here.

#9 ·
your welcome man! i dont shop there much but they have a HUGE selection of firearms, i think its the largest slection in north florida.

they are pretty high on there Aresenals and other AK's but the Saiga's are spot on with internet prices.

#12 · (Edited)
At the CrossRoads of the West Gun show a few weeks back, he was asking $500 for the Saiga in .223.

if the poster is in fact interested in a .223 looks like centerfire just got some more in, these are the monte carlo style stocks, its $329, not a horrible price, it was $289 a month ago, but then allot of the saigas have gone up in price since this spring. Many models went up more than 25% from early 08 to end of summer.

$329 for a brand new AK is not a bad price.

Saiga .223 M-Series Black Stock Part #SAI-B

i would call $40 increase still fair, but if they sell out again, i dont see the demand stopping so if the poster does want a .223 pull the trigger and get why the getting is good, stalling in the short term can only mean your gonna end up paying $400 or more for a gun that a few months back was $289.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.