Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Stupid rookie question. So I bought a XD 9MM subcompact. Will this laser for the XD-S subcompact fit the XD subcompact? Has anyone tried this?
Short answer, no. The pictured laser is for the XDS.

Crimson Trace laserguards are molded for a very specific gun. You'll want the version for the XD.

Before you spend the money, research holster availability. Adding a laser like this really shrinks the list of available holsters. (As I found recently when I bought a Laserguard for my XDS.)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I had a TLR-3 on my XD. The light/laser combo is the TLR-4. It fits the subcompact just fine with easy to manipulate controls. Biggest drawback to the TLR3 & TLR4 is that I have not found a holster that accommodates this setup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the CT 206 green laser on my SC...hard to find holsters as CT 206 is larger than the red dots...gotta go to a custom maker like these good folks...www.ClevelandKydex.com...made me a custom fit for the SC and the laser

·
Registered
65 Posts
What make and model is that? Is it a green laser? And do you use a holster, which one? Thanks.
Streamlight TLR-6. It's a red laser (useless in the daytime) combined with a not very powerful, but adequate light. I don't recall it's cost, but I want to say $75 at Amazon. As these things go, it's on the low end of the cost spectrum. I guess my review of the device would be as follows: It's inexpensive and meets my needs. As you see from my photo above, for looks, it looks like it's really part of the gun from the factory. Also, dialing the laser in for left-right/up-down was simple. And, the buttons for selecting laser only, light only, or both are simple.

My holster is a Crossbreed Light Defender, pictured below. It fits the gun perfect, very secure. However, from wearing it around the house a bit, I am not in love with how it fits my particular body. $62.50 plus $9 shipping and $6 tax.

IMG_0042.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cleveland Kydex is one that I ran across in my search. How is the quality on that?
...here is photo of my holster and SC sorry the CT 206 is in the IWB ...great CS and I am NOT affiliated with the company

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
My holster is a Crossbreed Light Defender, pictured below. It fits the gun perfect, very secure. However, from wearing it around the house a bit, I am not in love with how it fits my particular body. $62.50 plus $9 shipping and $6 tax.

View attachment 763541
Hey, I'm taking the unusual step of replying to my own post to say this, as an update that no one requested: I have since realized that this holster needs to ride as far forward (on your belt) as possible, so as to rest on the forward portion of your hip bone. If the Crossbreed Light Defender holster is set on your belt this way, it is QUITE GOOD as to comfort.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts