Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to try out some CCI CB .22 lr ammo. I went to wholesale sports the guy and never heard of it and he handed me some high velocity ammo. I said no its low velocity super quiet.
Then i went to walmart all they had was .22 short in CCI CB so i tried some remington sub sonic and tried em out those are still real loud the box says it fires at 1000 fps and the CCI shoots about 750 to 800 fps. So now im off to another store to find the CCI cas remington sub sonic is crazy loud!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Are you firing it from a suppressed weapon?

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Order online.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Remington subsonic are subsonic. What you want is no powder, CB.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Pass Pro Shop sells it!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I'll admit I have a lot to learn, so I'm going to ask why would you want to shoot subsonic ammunition? Wouldn't that be called a bow/arrow/sling shot?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll admit I have a lot to learn, so I'm going to ask why would you want to shoot subsonic ammunition? Wouldn't that be called a bow/arrow/sling shot?
UPDATE: Found some at Sportco in fife, bought 500 rds 6bucks abox. I shot it back to back with my daisy bb gun and for the most part the .22 is actually quieter. Every so often their will be one round thats alittle louder than the rest.

I am shooting it from a savage 10rd semi auto rifle. They dont have enough punch to cycle to the next round so i gotta pull the lever every time but its still cool i can shoot em at my house and i am within city limits.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I shoot these out of 3 diff semi's. One is an AR w/ drop-in conversion. They cycle the bolts and very accurate 25-100yrds.
The Rem and Aguila 38gr subs wont cycle for me. These are 950fps, plenty for varmits. 60gr though, so youll need a fast twist. $5 box/$45 brick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts