Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got to the range to check out the used XD-40 I purchased yesterday. Only bought one box of the WWB 180 flat points the shop had. No failures and the gun shot pretty well. I'm sure after I get used to the grip I'll be able to get it pretty accurate. The guns seems to have a nice trigger pull which should help. I'm used to my KImber 1911 .45, but I can see the XD-40 growing on me. Picked up a Blackhawk CQC holster and mag carrier as well as an extra 12 round mag. Now I need to find the best ammo to feed it!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Wouldn't worry about what ammo to feed it. My 40 would eat anything you fed it; as does the 9sc. Might want to find some range ammo of the the weight as what you decide on for defensive carry loads. Always shoot a little of each on each visit to the range.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Congrats on the new XD. Coming form a 1911, what about the grip did you find you need to get used to?...I assume the width as the angle should be similar.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new XD. Coming form a 1911, what about the grip did you find you need to get used to?...I assume the width as the angle should be similar.

While the grip is wider on the XD, the excellent ergonomic design puts the trigger closer to the grip making for a shorter distance to the trigger than my 1911. I guess I would have been more correct in stating that I need to adjust to the shorter distance to the trigger. The grip is actually very natural and comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts