Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Looks good, how does it feel? Familiar with how stippling is done, but could you share your techniques and any tips?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, how does it feel? Familiar with how stippling is done, but could you share your techniques and any tips?
Grip is Pretty good,better than the griptape.IMO.

Well If you know how to use a Soldering iron then you can stipple.

Tip: take your time think of the pattern that your hand needs to get a better grip with..
Stipping, don't go to deep as it will make a bigger hole and possible to screw up the Mag well....1/16 or so it enough to do..More little One's the better. Its a personal preference.
I did this to replace the Grip tape i had on there...

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great job, I'm a stipple freak, I experiment on a backstrap I won't be using. One thing to remember is that stipple effects vary on different manufactures. For example, the tip and technique used on a Springfield product may not yield the same results on a S&W product.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm not a fan of that pattern, to me it just feels like slippery bumps, I like sharp edges ranging from very aggressive for range toys to slightly abrasive with lots of surface area for carry against the skin (IWB), yeah I'm one of the few who actually likes the glock rtf2 frames. while I don't find that pattern attractive I've done some pretty [email protected]%n ugly patterns, but they pretty much lock their jaw on to your hand (did I mention I like grips far more aggressive than most people?)

The SA nylon is a little different, seems more crystalline in nature (goes from solid to liquid with not much in between) and seems to burn at lower temps, glock and S&W are a little easier to work with.

I like fine tips (sometimes you have to make them yourself), working slow and steady to maintain a steady tip temp makes it easier. If your doing an aggressive pattern careful application of 400 to 600 grit sandpaper allows easily controlled reduction of the abrasion level of the grip.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nice job...MAYBE I will try it...but better practice first. :-?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job...MAYBE I will try it...but better practice first. :-?

Thanks, i just keept it simple and did it.... took my time...

I'm thinking of doing the front of the mag well, where my fingers wrap around...

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
More importantly, how do YOU feel about it? I have stipple patterns on a few of my weapons and like the effect.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More importantly, how do YOU feel about it? I have stipple patterns on a few of my weapons and like the effect.
Well after a week or so and shooting it at the range the new grips feel great.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks, i just keept it simple and did it.... took my time...

I'm thinking of doing the front of the mag well, where my fingers wrap around...
I did the front strap and back strap on my xd9sc with the smallest tip I could find and went in between the checkering and around the outline only. It's very nice and it retains the original checkering. Mine is my CCW so didn't want to make it too rough. Also went over it with 400 grit sandpaper afterwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts